OEM ground locations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, the other end broke off. Find a broken washer-looking thing nearby and that's where it goes. You can try and crimp another end on the strap, but I'd just replace it with 12 gauge wire.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking for a diagram of body grounds for 94 gmc Sierra k1500 with 5.7 liter
Have you looked at these manuals?

94GMCK1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update.... I cleaned all the grounds with the problem still being there... Had a co worker at my wife's work knows about electrical issues... Back story is I replaced oil sensor but dropped a ratchet between engine and firewall... Finished up the job but couldn't find the ratchet... Time got late so next morning the problem started... Dead battery...
Problem was this... The new sensor was bad... When sensor drops to zero oil pressure, it runs off the fuel pump an it shuts off the fuel pump... Changed out the supposed to be new Car Quest sensor and the second new one started working and dead battery issue fixed...

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Update.... I cleaned all the grounds with the problem still being there... Had a co worker at my wife's work knows about electrical issues... Back story is I replaced oil sensor but dropped a ratchet between engine and firewall... Finished up the job but couldn't find the ratchet... Time got late so next morning the problem started... Dead battery...
Problem was this... The new sensor was bad... When sensor drops to zero oil pressure, it runs off the fuel pump an it shuts off the fuel pump... Changed out the supposed to be new Car Quest sensor and the second new one started working and dead battery issue fixed...
Did you ever find the ratchet? Glad you got it figured out though!

94GMCK1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The oil pressure is starting to drop but engine sounds healthy... So a tester and hopefully just be a another bad gage. I'll buy a Sun oil pressure gage and install it...

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Rather than guessing the manuals are all here for free. It will answer your questions.