OEM cab mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PHATJOE

Reaction score
I had replaced mine with poly. Big mistake when lowered on 22s. The ride was horrible. Went back to rubber. Big difference. Got the rubber from LMC.

93chevyluvr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought the rubber cab mount kit from LMC. It came with the bolts and everything. It wasn’t cheap tho. I chose rubber over poly for a smoother ride. Now I just need to find someone to install them. Two mechanics already turned me down.
I can feel my squishy cab mounts they need replacing. Before I do, I got to get my cab corners replaced

Old Bear

Reaction score
I got the poly bushings installed today. The good news, the body/cab line up very good. The bad news is that the ride is pretty harsh. On wash board gravel roads, everything inside the cab rattles and squeaks. I'm not to sure I can live with it. I'm probably going to have to bite the bullet and get new rubber mounts.

Old Bear

Reaction score
I'll put some more miles on it before I go out and spend another $100 plus changing it. Maybe I'll get used to it but I am afraid all of the 20+ year old plastic will start cracking.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I got the poly bushings installed today. The good news, the body/cab line up very good. The bad news is that the ride is pretty harsh. On wash board gravel roads, everything inside the cab rattles and squeaks. I'm not to sure I can live with it. I'm probably going to have to bite the bullet and get new rubber mounts.

I put poly mounts in the front of the cab because the factory ones were hammered. I hated every day of my life until I got rid of them. I installed the poly in conjunction with the GMT900 rear mounts and never noticed the difference from them. I was too distracted by how HORRIBLE the ride was with the poly mounts. I used a pair of clean junkyard mounts from under the core support as those seemed to survive without getting splashed by the front tires.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
I bought the rubber cab mount kit from LMC. It came with the bolts and everything. It wasn’t cheap tho. I chose rubber over poly for a smoother ride. Now I just need to find someone to install them. Two mechanics already turned me down.

All you need to install them is penetrating oil, a floor jack, some 4x4's, sockets and ratchet, a breaker bar, a way to grind/polish the rust and grunge on the metal parts, and a medium to large (I'd get the large just in case) box of foul language.

I find the questionable parentage/loose morals combo pack works well for this kind of job. :biggrin: :cool:

Old Bear

Reaction score

All you need to install them is penetrating oil, a floor jack, some 4x4's, sockets and ratchet, a breaker bar, a way to grind/polish the rust and grunge on the metal parts, and a medium to large (I'd get the large just in case) box of foul language.

I find the questionable parentage/loose morals combo pack works well for this kind of job. :biggrin: :cool:
I only had a small box of foul language, so I recycled a lot:lol:

Robo

Reaction score
I’d like to know too. I placed an order through LMC back in May and they’re still on “back order”. I’d prefer rubber ones myself.
Looks like they still are. Will they notify you if you have them in your cart?

umwtnt

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like they still are. Will they notify you if you have them in your cart?
Gentleman, I to was looking at LMC for stock mounts and found them to still be on back order, by the way, mine is a RCSB. done some research and found the kit for the Step side is the same as the fleetside except for missing 2 bed isolators. Ordered last week and they came in today.