OEM cab mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old Bear

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a source to buy OEM rubber cab mounts? All I can find are the poly ones and I am told they will make the ride quality stiffer. Am I wrong about this?

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Polyurethane will almost certainly be stiffer than the new OEM rubber.

Whether it's stiffer than ancient, compressed, rotted-out OEM rubber is something I can't answer.

I found that Amazon Warehouse had a set of Regular-cab Poly cab mounts for $35; they'll be here Thursday. When they'll get installed is unknown--maybe next summer, maybe Friday. The weather is turning to shiit here; and I can't have the truck laid-up with broken cab bolts all winter.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Well, for what it's worth- I'm a member on a forum dedicated to the Ford Panther platform and the fellas there report that poly mounts do indeed make their cars much stiffer. One person hated it so much they went back to rubber.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I believe there's a mod. where you can use NBS cab mounts on GMT400 trucks. Maybe a specific truck cab configuration? I don't remember now.

A long time ago I was chasing a weird popping sound on my NBS 99 ECSB, and I came across that article. Actually, here it is: https://www.gmt400.com/threads/installing-gmt900-rear-cab-mounts-in-a-gmt400.6573/

Anyway, I found new replacements through some GM parts website. They came with the Genuine GM packaging. Unfortunately, they didn't work for me. I can't remember why at the moment. They are somewhere in my garage...

This was about 5 years ago. And they were spendy. Around $180-ish for a pair IIRC.

Ta6point6

Reaction score
I’d like to know too. I placed an order through LMC back in May and they’re still on “back order”. I’d prefer rubber ones myself.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
I just installed the Energy Suspension mounts in Frank (my avatar truck) yes they are firmer but not harsh. Another member described the ride as "more informative". I agree. You can feel the little bumps like tar strips and the like but the big hits like potholes and railroad tracks are well dampened.

I like to say "You can drive over a dime and tell what year it is but you only hear the potholes".

My body bushings were in pretty good shape when I removed them. They were excessively harsh on big hits and I wanted a permanent fix. In fact, the cab crashed down hard enough to hit the gas tank and knock a hole in it!

Old Bear

Reaction score
Thanks fellas.....looks like I'll be putting in new poly bushings and living with the results.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
I recommend spraying the bolts with your favorite penetrating oil right now and keep them wet until the new ones show up.

You will likely need to reuse the metal parts and they are usually gross. Cleaning the rust off my metal parts took 3 times as long as the rest of the job.

Be careful not to mix them up. On Frank the front and rear positions were different than the ones in the middle.

The bolts may be toast as well so be prepared for that.

What is the application?

Old Bear

Reaction score
I recommend spraying the bolts with your favorite penetrating oil right now and keep them wet until the new ones show up.

You will likely need to reuse the metal parts and they are usually gross. Cleaning the rust off my metal parts took 3 times as long as the rest of the job.

Be careful not to mix them up. On Frank the front and rear positions were different than the ones in the middle.

The bolts may be toast as well so be prepared for that.

What is the application?
I just put a 3" BL on "Brute" (https://www.gmt400.com/threads/building-my-first-chevy-aka-brute.55016/) so the bolts and hardware are either new or have already been cleaned up. The body lines between the bed and the cab are way off due to worn out cab bushings.

I ordered and Energy Suspension kit. It should be here next week.

LarryD1130

Reaction score
I bought the rubber cab mount kit from LMC. It came with the bolts and everything. It wasn’t cheap tho. I chose rubber over poly for a smoother ride. Now I just need to find someone to install them. Two mechanics already turned me down.