OBS frames, all the same?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
I have been under my 1500 numerous of times and I've worked under my moms 2500 suburban. I have taken measurements of thickness and what not and I found no differences except the fact one is a truck frame and the other has body mounts for the suburban body. It's too costly to have all these different frames made for the weight class. If I'm not mistaken just the drive train, control arms and tbars differ

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I have no evidence, but I remember Draggin' saying that the RCSB trucks have thinner frames then an EC truck when we talking about crew cab conversions.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I have been under my 1500 numerous of times and I've worked under my moms 2500 suburban. I have taken measurements of thickness and what not and I found no differences except the fact one is a truck frame and the other has body mounts for the suburban body. It's too costly to have all these different frames made for the weight class. If I'm not mistaken just the drive train, control arms and tbars differ

Nope, you are mistaken.

:)

Upper control arm mounts are in different locations. Unless you're looking at a 2500 "light duty", in which case you are actually looking at a 1500 front frame section.

Lower control arms swap right over between 1500 and 2500. It's how guys get the forged lowers on to a 1500 vice the OEM stamped steel lower arms.

9.25 front diff (IE: 2500) will not bolt into a 1500 without modification. A couple have tired and either had to hack up the diff mounts or added a suspension drop bracket.

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Lol okay I was half right. I new part of the control arm differed. But the last part was exactly what I said, the drive train differs from 1500 to 2500

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Nope, you are mistaken.

:)

Upper control arm mounts are in different locations. Unless you're looking at a 2500 "light duty", in which case you are actually looking at a 1500 front frame section.

Lower control arms swap right over between 1500 and 2500. It's how guys get the forged lowers on to a 1500 vice the OEM stamped steel lower arms.

9.25 front diff (IE: 2500) will not bolt into a 1500 without modification. A couple have tired and either had to hack up the diff mounts or added a suspension drop bracket.

Hmmmm didnt know that the lcas were the same...good to know...but from what i understand since i have an F44 which is a 2500 Light duty basically i already have 2500 bars and springs basically correct?

Guss327

Reaction score
Hi O see thisvhas been dead for awhile. But Im trying to find out this question. I have a 1993 k1500 suburban. I have some bad frame rot driver side rear by thhe rear of the rear spring perch. I know 2wd frame is different. But what I want to do is get a rear section from a suburban its 2wd use the cut out peace for my suburban its the section behind the spring perch looks to be same. I just looking to finde if theres any difference I didn't notice. I can not measures it the section I want to buy its in Arizona. So just don't want to waste cash unless im shore and realy need this back on rd asap.
Thanks for any info.

Rodeeo

Reaction score
I swear there is something off about K vs C. My 98 k1500 has like 4 inches of frame hanging below the truck cab. I can't figure out why/how the 2wd frame sure so flush with the body.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I swear there is something off about K vs C. My 98 k1500 has like 4 inches of frame hanging below the truck cab. I can't figure out why/how the 2wd frame sure so flush with the body.
Sounds like you have a body lift.

Richard

Rodeeo

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Sounds like you have a body lift.

Richard
I promise, no body lift here. I uploaded a blown out one so you can see just how low the frame sits

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wadectist2002