OBS Camber/Caster Knock-outs - how to tell if you have them.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My '88 K1500, and my '97 K2500 both have cam bolts, and both have NOT had the knock-outs removed. Same goes for the '94 K1500 I robbed front suspension parts from to repair my '88.

Far as I'm concerned, the presence of cam bolts indicates NOTHING.
Goofy update. I replaced the control arm bushings on the right side of my K1500 last fall. The right side had the normal eccentrics but the knockouts were still in place. We had early winter that dragged on forever. I just got to doing the upper control arm bushings on the left side. The left side had a single eccentric on the front of the front bushing, and on the rear of the rear bushing, WELDED IN PLACE, with a round hole in the middle, for a round through-bolt--not a flat-sided bolt like you'd normally see with eccentrics.

The "knockouts" were gone on the left side, still in place on the right side. But still no actual adjustability due to the welded eccentrics.

Go figure. I bought the truck with 170,000 miles on it, no telling what was "factory" and what got "repaired" later.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Goofy update. I replaced the control arm bushings on the right side of my K1500 last fall. The right side had the normal eccentrics but the knockouts were still in place. We had early winter that dragged on forever. I just got to doing the upper control arm bushings on the left side. The left side had a single eccentric on the front of the front bushing, and on the rear of the rear bushing, WELDED IN PLACE, with a round hole in the middle, for a round through-bolt--not a flat-sided bolt like you'd normally see with eccentrics.

The "knockouts" were gone on the left side, still in place on the right side. But still no actual adjustability due to the welded eccentrics.

Go figure. I bought the truck with 170,000 miles on it, no telling what was "factory" and what got "repaired" later.

That sounds like a Jed Clampett repair.

eran tomer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought an adjusting kit but the nuts aren’t self lock or prevailing torque. Is it safe to use them?

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure. You're clamping down on the frame brackets, which are pressing directly on, and reinforced by, the inner sleeves of the bushings. Torque the nuts, they'll be fine.