O2 sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gold 95

Reaction score
I have a 95 305 v8 with a true dual exhaust with shorty headers no cats. And no O2 sensor. At idle the truck smells rich and the plugs after idling a bit are wet. Should i add an O2 sensor?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should i add an O2 sensor?
Do you still have the original PCM and TBI? With no O2 sensor, it's running in Open Loop and won't fine tune the AFR. With an O2 sensor, IF everything else is good, it'l go into Closed Loop and adjust your INT (Integrator) and BLM (Block Learn Multiplier), also known as Short and Long Term fuel trims. So, yes you need an O2 sensor.

Gold 95

Reaction score
Do you still have the original PCM and TBI? With no O2 sensor, it's running in Open Loop and won't fine tune the AFR. With an O2 sensor, IF everything else is good, it'l go into Closed Loop and adjust your INT (Integrator) and BLM (Block Learn Multiplier), also known as Short and Long Term fuel trims. So, yes you need an O2 sensor.
Yes on the original PCM and TBI thank you for the reply.