o2 sensor question!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91obsHD

Reaction score
Quick question on the o2 sensor!

i got a sbc w/ long tube header , tb spacer & k&n intake, true duals x pipe flowmasters to the rear.

my question is :

Do I need the o2 sensor?
also is there an extension for it if I do need to plug it in?

educate me :)

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
yea, the TBI needs the upstream o2 for fuel trim tuning and since your in California you need catalitic converters with a downstream o2 to pass emissions.

and BTW if you have an x-pipe you do not have 'True Duals' :waytogo:

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the TBI needs the upstream o2 for fuel trim tuning and since your in California you need catalitic converters with a downstream o2 to pass emissions.
The TBI only has one O2 sensor, Vortecs have 4, 2 upstream and 2 downstream. Plus the TBI did not come with dual exhaust (FWIR), you may have an issue with emissions inspection because it has been modified, if you get a ***** for an official.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score

91obsHD

Reaction score
With long tube headers you may want to go with a heated O2 sensor so your engine doesn't go in and out of closed loop due to a cold sensor...

https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-AFS7...f=sr_1_1?keywords=AFS74&qid=1581521563&sr=8-1

This adapter plugs right in to your one-wire connector, all you have to do is hook up the power wire to a switched 12VDC source and the ground wire.

https://www.amazon.com/Michigan-Mot...motorsports+22300&qid=1581521679&sr=8-1-fkmr0

Is that o2 sensor the same thread as the stock one or will I have to custom fit?