Nv4500 swap questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
I don't know if that's the case. When I did my 4L60E to NV4500 swap in my 5.7L '99 ESCB, it took me a couple of tries to get the correct assembly. I got one our of a '95 and it didn't fit at all. If I remember correctly, I had to find one that came out of a '97-'99 for it to fit correctly. I still have the one that came out of the '95 and the newer one is in my truck, I can post pictures if interested.

Hmm, the entire pedal assembly did not fit?
I wonder if there is a difference between the 88-94, 95, and 96-98 when it comes to the pedal assembly under the dash..
I know they went from an external slave to an internal slave in.. 95?

HopHead357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's a different bracket all together so it didn't come close to fitting. Here are a few horrible pictures of the pedal assembly currently in my '99. Sorry about the quality, it's hard to get a decent picture of it up in there. I'll post up some pictures of the '95 bracket later tonight. The rubber stopper thing is my crude attempt at a clutch pedal stop. The pedal didn't come with one and I couldn't find a factory one. This seems to work pretty well.

You must be registered for see images attach

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
The clutch pedal stop should be on the firewall, with the clutch safety switch, I believe..
Do you have that set up? Or can you fire it up without depressing the clutch. Just curious now..
I don't know why I didn't take the pedal assembly out of my 94.. dumb -.-
Sorry Smitty I'll do some more digging

HopHead357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The one out of the '95 has the stop on the bracket which I think is mounted lower on the firewall. That set up is currently sitting on a shelf in my garage. The one in the in the picture had a stop on the pedal itself, but was ripped off. When depressed it doesn't even come into contact with the bracket at all. Without the stop, it will go straight to the actual firewall. You can see in the picture where I taped a piece of rubber to keep the pedal from hitting the firewall.

I can start it without depressing the clutch. I didn't install the clutch safety switch. I still need to do that, not sure why I didn't do it at the time.

Smitty1021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The clutch pedal stop should be on the firewall, with the clutch safety switch, I believe..
Do you have that set up? Or can you fire it up without depressing the clutch. Just curious now..
I don't know why I didn't take the pedal assembly out of my 94.. dumb -.-
Sorry Smitty I'll do some more digging

It's no problem, I'm going to pick one up out of a 90 and idk if it will work but I'm gonna try....I've read that 92-96 are interchangeable but I'm not sure how true that is

HopHead357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here are the picks of the pedal assembly out of the '95. It's a little difficult to tell with the other pictures, but it's different.

Smitty1021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know this may be a stretch but does anyone have like some sort of diagram or pic of how they re wired everything or where to find one? I'm not really sure which wires did what on the old trans so it makes it hard for me to determine what needs splicing where an what comes out. Also there's a sensor or at least a plug in in the side of the nv4500, does that hook up to any plug that happens to be on my truck or do I need to splice in a plug and does any one happen to know what that's for?