NV4500 sources?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oifla

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a K2500 Suburban (1999) with the 454 and 4L80e. I'm not a fan of auto transmissions and I'm at the point of actively searching for an NV4500.

I'm looking at potential donor vehicles and (unsurprisingly) I'm finding few 5 speed trucks with the NV4500. A couple of 6.5L diesels and a couple with 350 SBC.

I know the NV4500 also came in some Dodge trucks but I'm less familiar with those. What models/years should I be looking for in the Dodges?

Any other sources?

Thanks!

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a truck I'm trying to sell. It's a 1990 K2500 RCLB with a 383 crate engine and NV4500 transmission. Both are super low miles, barely broken in since new and rebuild. Not running at the moment because I'm finishing a FiTech conversion from TBI, but all that is left is getting the timing set with the new HEI distributor and running it. The NV4500 is the earlier model with 6.3:1 first gear. I added PTO fluid coolers as well.

Bret

Reaction score
I'm looking at similar swap for my Suburban. No matter the engine, all NV4500 95 and up(possibly earlier) should be the same, to include the bellhousing bolt pattern.
Dodge NV4500 have a different bolt pattern and will require an adapter, which combined will probably be more than a GM one. The dodge transfer case output is also on the wrong side for our trucks. I am not sure how spline counts work out.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Tom Nassar

Reaction score
I have a black 1998 K2500 454 (7.4L) long bed with a recently rebuilt NV4500. Probably around 5K miles since I rebuilt or replaced the suspension, transmission, transfer case, brake system (hydro-boost), front hubs and axles, A/C, etc. After some paint and interior work, it will be for sale (Texas).

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Dang! Nice truck! why are you selling it after so much work though?

Tom Nassar

Reaction score
RichLo, I have 4 trucks (2 Toyota and 2 Chevy) that I'm restoring and can't keep them all, so whichever sells then I'll keep one.

I do like the '98 4X4--it rides great--gas mileage not as great LOL

LoCascio_Inc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a black 1998 K2500 454 (7.4L) long bed with a recently rebuilt NV4500. Probably around 5K miles since I rebuilt or replaced the suspension, transmission, transfer case, brake system (hydro-boost), front hubs and axles, A/C, etc. After some paint and interior work, it will be for sale (Texas).

Was your '98 a factory manual? Factory work truck trim as well? I have a '98 K2500, ECSB, Silverado trim, with 350/4L80 and don't seem to have any of the provisions under the dash or on the firewall for a clutch pedal and master cylinder assembly. I've been trying to figure out how straight forward an NV4500 swap really would be.

Last edited: