NV4500 ID? early 6:34 external gear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Right, that's why I'm saying I don't necessarily agree with what they're claiming. I had examples of both gearset cases there and didn't see that webbing, so I don't know if that's a "sure thing" indicator of which one you're looking at.

I'm far from an NV4500 expert, but I'm starting to wonder if that rib was for the Dodge application transmissions, seeing as many were behind a Cummins, which is capable of far more torque output than a 6.5td or a TBI 7.4.. I've certainly seen that webbing in the case they're talking about, but not in person, on a GM application transmission.

Richard

Last edited:

vr1967

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ll try to remember to look at the case casting numbers I have tomorrow. (At work for the night)
I know I have a 95 trans (small register) and a later, large register (hole in front of case). Maybe that will help

vr1967

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok finally had a chance to look.

My 95 case is C-16812 this came from a 3500HD my father bought new
My later large register case is 33439. I think it came from a Dodge.
Got another late Chevy housing somewhere, just hadn’t been able to put my hands on it yet

Last edited: