NV3500 breaking point?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackwater

Engineering Geinus
Reaction score
When I swapped my NV3500 for the NV4500, I added a gearvendors to it. I learned to float the gears with the GV.

DTG_

Reaction score
I have a '91 K2500 and looking to swap as well, I've found that I need to make sure to have the correct bell housing. Looking for any additional insight. Is there anything else i need to be cognizant of or is it pretty much plug and play?

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

The NV4500 transmission, often used in heavy-duty trucks and off-road vehicles, is known for its durability. In its stock form, it can handle around 450 to 500 horsepower reliably. However, its ability to handle higher horsepower levels may vary depending on factors like maintenance, usage, and modifications.​

How Much Power Can a Nv3500 Handle

Did you sign up just to post this? Note that the quoted information is for an NV4500 which is not even close to the same transmission as an NV3500. The discussion is about the NV3500. Not the NV4500.

Richard