NP246 Clearance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrianS

Reaction score
I was walking around a pick-n-pull the other looking for some little stuff and came across a 1997 Suburban K1500 that was bashed up a little but I saw front diff and transfer case skid plates under it. My 1999 Suburban never had these so I thought they were aftermarket and left but they looked factory so I drove back and grabbed them anyway. Mounting bracket, bolts, skid plates, etc., for $30. The front diff skid plate bolted up no problem but the transfer case skid plate hits the bottom of the transfer case leaving about 3/4" gap away from the crossmember. It was flush on the donor '97. I'm pretty sure I replaced the trans mount when I replaced the transfer case 10yrs ago but maybe not. What's the clearance supposed to be at the bottom by the drain plug? The skid plate holes all line up on the cross member but it hangs down to low. Shoud I replace the transmission mount?

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach