Not too sure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please post a how to. Other people would love to know how you did it!

Maybe we're talking about different year trucks like Richard said? I see your signature is an 88 and if I'm right Erik's is a 89 while mine is an 88 also. Here's a picture of mine in a state of disassembly showing my PS pump laying on the side with the hoses still connected. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the brackets in place. IIRC I was able to get to the lower front bolt on the pump from underneath with a box wrench, the others weren't that hard. Then I slid the pump down through the gap in the brackets and laid it on its side on the frame, note: it did leak a little out of the filler cap in that position.
You must be registered for see images attach

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are bolts on the front of the pump behind the pulley that you have to remove with a wrench. Once you have those out and remove the bracket on the back, the pump just slides down and out towards the frame.

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Go spray the PS pump snout with some penetrating lube. Then go rent a pulley puller from Autozone. You'll have the whole thing apart in just a few minutes, and you'll kick yourself for trying to do it the hard way.
I bough one for a few bucks. The pulley wasnt hard to get off at all. The bracket did have to be cut to fit the headers
You must be registered for see images attach