Not too sure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not sure where to post this up. I'm looking for the rear black alternator bracket that mounts to the power steering pump. I can't find it on a parts schematic or anything. Does someone have one they would sell?

Thanks.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for the rear black alternator bracket that mounts to the power steering pump
Do you mean this one? I don't have a spare but maybe someone else, once they see what you're talking about, may have one?

You must be registered for see images attach

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw one on ebay for a 'Vette, maybe you can ask them to measure it and with some "slight" modifications, it'll fit...

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you mean this one? I don't have a spare but maybe someone else, once they see what you're talking about, may have one?

Is that a stock part... i believe mine looks different

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This isnt my motor but This is what mine looked like...

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pretty sure GM part # for the small block bracket for rear of the power steering pump up to the front of the exhaust manifold and then the alternator, at least for your 1994, is 10118750 - there's a used one on eBay right now but it'll run you about $40 shipped. It's been discontinued by GM so you won't find it at most dealers.

It's a pretty common part and also is used on the 4.3 V6 applications including S-10/S-15 trucks so you'd be better off hitting the boneyard and score one for a few bucks.

(The one Peter posted isn't stock, stock one won't fit with headers like that engine has.)

Richard

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
(The one Peter posted isn't stock, stock one won't fit with headers like that engine has.)
It is stock (for an 88) I didn't use the spacer (that goes from the header flange to the ear plus a long bolt) that came with the headers, I just bolted it to the PS/ALT bracket ear on the bottom. With the Performer intake I had to make a spacer for the rear support bar to get it aligned. Maybe GM changed to mounts later?

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man i looked and looked on ebay i disnt see one. Ill try a bone yard. How in the heck does it come off. I cut the top of mine bc i couldn't get the thing off. I took off all the nuts and I cant get it past the upper power steering reservoir. Does the power steering pulley need to be removed and the reservoir pulled out?

Last edited:

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To remove the whole bracket on mine I removed the Alt, unbolted the PS pump, slid it out and set it off to the side. Then you can get to all of the mounting bolts for that bracket.