Not the normal brake light issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MechMike

Reaction score
My issue has been resolved. I cut the green wire out and replaced it all the way back. Made sure the ground was still good at the back... turns out the circuit board at the light was bad. Took swapping them around a bit to get a combo that worked. Those things are crap quality so check them throughly.

MechMike

Reaction score
I also had to adjust my brake light switch several times which added to my confusion since I was getting power at the light.

Cole Chambers

Reaction score
I’m having a problem with my 97 K1500. I had a tailgate brake light strip that suddenly started displaying the incorrect sequence of lights. When I press the brake the third brake light lights up like fine, but the actual tail lights light up the wrong bulbs. My rear turn signal lights up when the brake is pressed. I noticed that when I moved the trailer harness around, my liscense plate lights cut in and out. Any solutions?

GoldJayy

Reaction score
I’m having a problem with my 97 K1500. I had a tailgate brake light strip that suddenly started displaying the incorrect sequence of lights. When I press the brake the third brake light lights up like fine, but the actual tail lights light up the wrong bulbs. My rear turn signal lights up when the brake is pressed. I noticed that when I moved the trailer harness around, my liscense plate lights cut in and out. Any solutions?

I’m having similar issues. I turn on my left blinker and my taillights flash on then reverse light on.....and when I break my tails turn off and reverse comes on (ONLY LEFT SIDE, RIGHT IS FINE). I’ve gotten pulled over for it already. So this is my main issue. (Side note my reverse lights flash when I’m in reverse but seems like they’re on when the clutch is engaged.) Checked all fuses all is well going to go after the grounds soon. Are we having the same issue?

Zeronight

Reaction score
not to hijack but. i have all lights, running and signal. the break light switch is like a 3 position switch and i only get lights at the top and the very bottom of the switch. so a light press and the lights come on. firmer and they go off. slam to the bottom and they come on. and this is even after replacing the switch. any thoughts??
thnaks