Not a steal but very nice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If where a 4x4 price would be fair. I think a 2WD is worth 3-4K less. I do love these truckds with a red or blue interior. I saw only 1 red leather and I want those for my Red 1996.
5 K would have me driving to Sebring =) I would love to find a unmolested 2x4 with low miles that has been pampered through life. But I guess many others would to. Even more so if it is a fleet side SWB.

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If where a 4x4 price would be fair. I think a 2WD is worth 3-4K less. I do love these truckds with a red or blue interior. I saw only 1 red leather and I want those for my Red 1996.
All I manage to find is 4x4 and extended cabs down here.. And very rarely do you see a really decent SWB regular cab fleetside.

biggbiker

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 1996 C1500ECSB has 222,222 miles aprox. It is from Alabama and only saw 1 winter up here. Body is rust free! I now store it fron mid to late Nov (1st time they salt the roads its in the garage till spring.) So I needed a winter beater and I end up with another 1999 GMC yukon with only 50K miles from Tennessee. Mint garage kept, both are fully loaded leather trucks with G80 lockers. I choose my days when its on the road. My wife and I share this truck in the winter ,but we are retired. She has a Torch red 09 Mustang we bought new that has never seen winter, only around 14,000 miles. I too have an obsesion with GMT400s.

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My 1996 C1500ECSB has 222,222 miles aprox. It is from Alabama and only saw 1 winter up here. Body is rust free! I now store it fron mid to late Nov (1st time they salt the roads its in the garage till spring.) So I needed a winter beater and I end up with another 1999 GMC yukon with only 50K miles from Tennessee. Mint garage kept, both are fully loaded leather trucks with G80 lockers. I choose my days when its on the road. My wife and I share this truck in the winter ,but we are retired. She has a Torch red 09 Mustang we bought new that has never seen winter, only around 14,000 miles. I too have an obsesion with GMT400s.
I have always been guilty of pampering vehicles, and 9 times out of ten when someone gets one I am bored with it is a nice one and fairly priced. Cars has always been my addiction, I am not nearly as bad as I use to be . I am in search of that elusive gmt 400 low mile pampered SWB fleet side that has never been molested, right down to the factory radio.

Last edited:

biggbiker

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats the only way I buy a used vehicle, bone stock that no one has altered. If it has been lifted, wires messed with or altered, 9 times of 10 someone created a headache for you. There are some like a good friend that is OCD that has a GMt 400 that is polishing the frame before reassembling. It will be pristine when hes done (IF) But he will leave it in the garage to stare at. I drive mine down dirt roads, in snow etc.

Dave454ss

Reaction score

I think that depends on area...here in ME, 2wd's are "Rare".. Even new... So its EASY to find a 4wd in any configuration, 2wd's fetch a premium. So if anything, I don't see any difference in price...Here....