Northern 91

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^ What he said. And for related reasons, you'll have the potential for spark knock at part throttle if you delete the EGR and don't disable it in your PCM tune. Which can damage your engine over time. Personally I would not delete the EGR from one of these trucks without disabling it in the tune. Here's a thread with some discussion on the matter.

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/egr-delete-will-i-benefit.39607/

91Vieja

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. If that’s the case, I’ll block it off at both ends, and tune it out.

91Vieja

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found a better grille in the local wrecking yard to replace my peeling one. Before/After:
You must be registered for see images attach

Painted the bow tie on a whim to hide scratches, but not loving it. Will have to keep an eye out for a good condition original one.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Nice story, grate truck project.

91Vieja

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Realized my earlier photos aren’t hosting right anymore, so here’s a few from when I got it up till now.

Put the truck to work moving over the weekend.

A while back I rattle-can painted the frame. A few spots had rust coming back from gravel roads chipping at it, so I sprayed the heck out of the whole underside with rust reformer and then undercoated it. I was impressed with how it turned out, hopefully it lasts a little better. While I was under there, I discovered the dreaded rust starting on the bottom of the cab rockers. Took a wire wheel to it down to bare metal, taped off a 2 inch high strip the whole length of the body, from the bottom to the underside of the doors, primed and undercoated it. From standing beside the truck you can’t see it, and hopefully that should take care of the rust for a while.

Last edited:

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks grate. Thats how you keep these trucks looking grate. Take care of things while there still little.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Truck looks very nice! Very clean for being a Canada truck. Always liked this two tone style better than the later style.

Doing donuts and drifting in the snow sure is fun, as long as you don't get caught. ;)

91Vieja

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

New rotors, pads, and fluid flush. Cleaned up the old calipers. The fluid was nasty, probably original.

91Vieja

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Some DIY paint touch-up work in progress, to tide it over until I can afford a professional re-spray

91Vieja

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Some DIY paint touch-up work in progress, to tide it over until I can afford a professional re-spray.