North Fl. n00b

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaydee1445

Reaction score
This suburban thing is getting out of hand or I should say becoming a sickness. The 5.7 in my 93 runs strong enough I decided not to do the 6BT swap on her and did a timing chain and water pump while leaky radiator was out.
My son then scored a run and drive 94 GMC k2500 5.7 for the 6BT swap cheap because the PO broke or lost most of interior trim to fix rusty floorpan. While the 98 has most of what is lacking he keeps tabs on marketplace looking for cheap parts donors. A really nice 96 GMC K2500 SLT 6.5 popped up with the motor partially apart. Leather and all the power toys sold him that this was truck for him.
Checking compression showed #1 was a dead hole likely due to hamfisted shade-tree working on it. He pulled the head for lifters with the exhaust still attached because the crossover flange and bolts were rotted. Reusing the old head bolts wasn't helpful either........Ordering a GEP Navistar casting 6.5 NA pullout from a low mile HMMWV was cheaper than a rebuild kit. I started a thread on the GEP in engine performance.
While we moving the 96 off the lift the topic of body swap came back up and son says there is a clean 95 K1500 LS on market place we could body swap on the 94 GMC while swapping in the 6BT. I'd like the power toys and LS seats over my base Cheyenne. I ring up Old Ed off marketplace and confirm that its rust free, no rips, cracked up dash, or sagging head liner like most Florida trucks. He was asking less than most parts trucks so I drug it home.
The L460E pressure manifold swtich is throwing codes and won't shift from drive to reverse without cycling key. Figured It's worth throwing a reman master solenoid kit at it to maybe make it my driver for a while.
Wife and daughter-in- are calling for an addiction intervention.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
That square cut out bumper is great I’d throw that on the front end of that bottom blue one then get the squared fog lights in it!! I like the wheels too nice good sturdy burb!! Blue one that be lol

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
This suburban thing is getting out of hand or I should say becoming a sickness. The 5.7 in my 93 runs strong enough I decided not to do the 6BT swap on her and did a timing chain and water pump while leaky radiator was out.
My son then scored a run and drive 94 GMC k2500 5.7 for the 6BT swap cheap because the PO broke or lost most of interior trim to fix rusty floorpan. While the 98 has most of what is lacking he keeps tabs on marketplace looking for cheap parts donors. A really nice 96 GMC K2500 SLT 6.5 popped up with the motor partially apart. Leather and all the power toys sold him that this was truck for him.
Checking compression showed #1 was a dead hole likely due to hamfisted shade-tree working on it. He pulled the head for lifters with the exhaust still attached because the crossover flange and bolts were rotted. Reusing the old head bolts wasn't helpful either........Ordering a GEP Navistar casting 6.5 NA pullout from a low mile HMMWV was cheaper than a rebuild kit. I started a thread on the GEP in engine performance.
While we moving the 96 off the lift the topic of body swap came back up and son says there is a clean 95 K1500 LS on market place we could body swap on the 94 GMC while swapping in the 6BT. I'd like the power toys and LS seats over my base Cheyenne. I ring up Old Ed off marketplace and confirm that its rust free, no rips, cracked up dash, or sagging head liner like most Florida trucks. He was asking less than most parts trucks so I drug it home.
The L460E pressure manifold swtich is throwing codes and won't shift from drive to reverse without cycling key. Figured It's worth throwing a reman master solenoid kit at it to maybe make it my driver for a while.
Wife and daughter-in- are calling for an addiction intervention.

Wow, y'all like Burbs even more than I do!