No turn signals 1996 k1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnnygmc

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've got a 1996 k1500 that the turn signals don't work. Started out with one working fine and the other working intermittently. After a couple weeks they both quit. No bulbs light up, no flasher click, although the hazards still work. Fuses good. Replaced multi function switch and flasher, still no turn signals. Everything else on MFS works fine. This is a super clean, one owner (I'm the second) Sierra SLT with 75,000 miles. Not sure what to look at next. Anyone here ever see this before? I've seen this issue on a couple other forums but no solution were posted.

Bear 77

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try starting at checking the grounds at the lights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidAlan

Reaction score
Make it simple,get the wiring Diagram and find what your color code is,get a multi meter and test the wires see if have power,or as other say voltage,as other guy said check your grounds,it is all simple if you think about it,could be rust some where with the wiring harness,look for all the simple things first,wiring can be a fun time to have,did you add something? best place check the fuse,if all else fails.

Johnnygmc

Reaction score
Have not solved the problem completely, but have it narrowed down to a dead short. Both blinkers quit because the short blew the fuse. Replaced the fuse and now the left signal works fine, but the right one is shorted. You can watch the voltmeter drop like a rock every time the flasher hits. If I let it go more 2 or 3 flasher cycles it will blow the fuse. I had the dash rotated down recently to replace the air distributor box (gotta love our trucks) and inspected the wiring in the dash and didn't see any problems. Going to start pulling the front and rear lighting harnesses and inspecting them this week. I'll keep everybody posted.