no start, nothing when I turn the key

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Have you tried jumping the vehicle? If yes and nothing changes check connections. Confirm there is a good ground. Verify continuity on the negative & positive cables.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
How are you measuring battery voltage? 14.xx isn't normal unless the vehicle is running. A battery straight off the charger will only be about 12.8.

Have you tried charging the battery?

Turn your headlights on... do they come on?

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Somebody up the line mentioned trying jumping it . Hook up a car to it with jumpers and leave the car running, then you are getting alternator as well as sufficient power. If you get nothing then, not even radio or dashboard lights then the ignition switch is a prime suspect. Someone also mentioned the neutral safety switch but that should not affect lights, horn, etc.

Unkel Dale

Reaction score
Check your ignition switch. Make sure there is power getting to it. All your power gets turned on via that. If no power there, yhats where I'd start. If power is getting there, chech and see if its leaving there to the accessories. If not, your switch is bad.

Get the battery checked. Voltage along will NOT tell you if the battery is good. If it's got no amperage(cca reading, or ca) it will not work, period. Take it out and bring it to a parts store and get it tested as they can load test it. And as mentioned 14+ volts is to much to be reading from a battery that is just sitting there not in the process of being charged.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
optima dry cell heavy duty vehicle deep well rated battery

Unkel Dale

Reaction score
Somebody up the line mentioned trying jumping it . Hook up a car to it with jumpers and leave the car running, then you are getting alternator as well as sufficient power. If you get nothing then, not even radio or dashboard lights then the ignition switch is a prime suspect. Someone also mentioned the neutral safety switch but that should not affect lights, horn, etc.
Thanks, no go on a jump or the starter box