No start a new engine 7.4 Vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998crewcab

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
when these trucks first start up they use the fuel pump prime
Through the ecm feeding the fuel pump relay for a couple of seconds
once computer sees the crank signal at a certain rpm , oil pressure switch will kick in and power the fuel pump .
you have to follow up and do the correct fuel pressure diagnostics 55-54 is minimal pressure to fire these trucks
Some one might help and show how to by pass fuel pump relay to power on the pump manually and try and start

Saab84mw

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK I got the PassLock system reset took longer than 10 minute sessions took like 30 minute sessions to get it reset with the battery charger hooked to the battery the whole time.

Now I have to work on the P1345 code.

Bear 77

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK I got the PassLock system reset took longer than 10 minute sessions took like 30 minute sessions to get it reset with the battery charger hooked to the battery the whole time.

So you didn’t do this the first time for the 30mins?

Relearn of the crank position sensor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bear 77

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

So you didn’t do this the first time for the 30mins?

Relearn of the crank sensor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saab84mw

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The issue I had was the battery dying before I could get finished with the procedure I had a fully charged battery when I started and it would be so dead by the time I got done that it wouldn’t turn the truck over

so because I could not find my battery charger (thanks son for borrowing it) I had to go buy a new one and that help keep the battery fully charged so when the light finally went out and able to start truck.