No speedometer or shifting into 3/4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigbertha72

Reaction score
Running out of ideas.

This is on the 89 chevy with a 03 burb donor.

Won't shift into 3/4 and no speedometer.

Checked resistance on the vss wires from the plug to the ecm. Both good

Thought I messed the tac up so I swapped in another one. The only change was that it threw a code (p0502).

This all started when I was trying to get the cruise to work. I did it like the attached pic, after I hooked up the blue wire is when things became messed up.

It threw the transmission in limp mode and wouldn't shift into 3/4 and threw a high idle code.

I unhooked the wires and cleared the codes. But that didn't fix anything

I tried an oriellys vss thinking that was the problem. Speedometer doesn't read, with the old vss or the new oriellys one.

I'm Running adigital Dakota dash using the bus to get readings. All other gauges work besides speedometer and I verified that speedometer is set to the bus setting.

Dash shows all the gears when moving the shifter. Park, reverse, neutral, o/d, drive, 2, 1

Then I tried running the dash with the speed sensor instead. Using pin out 50 I set the Dakota dash sensor to use to the sensor instead of the bim. Still no readings.

Tried auto cal mode in the dash to see and it didn't read any pulses.

Didnt have any of these issues before i tried hooking up the cruise.

Other thing I just noticed is when shifting through the gears the Dakota dash says park when in neutral. I don't remember it doing that before

Did I somehow fry the ecm? I'm out of ideas

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220423-142942_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20220423-142942_Photos.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited: