No Spark

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canon Lansdell

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tried to rotate distributor 180 degrees. Now it cranks like it should but still doesn’t want to start. Can smell gas. Would an engine code prevent starting?

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you check for spark? Codes wouldn't prevent firing, but can give you a hint as to why is not firing. Gas smell is pretty normal under extended cranking. time.

Canon Lansdell

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you check for spark? Codes wouldn't prevent firing, but can give you a hint as to why is not firing. Gas smell is pretty normal under extended cranking. time.
I’ve checked spark at the plugs with a grounded tester. Not all but some. Battery was on the weaker side but the arc was a yellowish tint as described by my helper.

Canon Lansdell

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve checked spark at the plugs with a grounded tester. Not all but some. Battery was on the weaker side but the arc was a yellowish tint as described by my helper.

Canon Lansdell

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might try and replace spark plugs tomorrow but a thought cross my mind before. The connector coolant temp sensor on the driver cylinder head did seem to pop off at the boot but i pushed the boot back on. maybe it isn’t making good contact causing a no start? or are these trucks before that was a thing?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The connector coolant temp sensor on the driver cylinder head did seem to pop off at the boot but i pushed the boot back on. maybe it isn’t making good contact causing a no start? or are these trucks before that was a thing?
That one's just for your temp gauge. The 1 for your PCM is next to the T-Stat.

Canon Lansdell

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So change plugs next? picture is passenger side plugs

You must be registered for see images attach

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When you induce problems into repair it really becomes wild shots in the dark. As much cranking you need to do, plugs in or out you might leave it on a charger when not cranking. How are you checking for a spark? With a real air gap spark or some other? Is that right, when checking for spark some did not spark? Why check all? And if you did check all, why did some not spark? Should be white blue spark, high energy ignition, no compression resistance. How do you know dist' is 180° out? Guess? At this point rather than alot of " this happened to me, my uncle, friend, eighth cousin", get the manual out and start step 1.