No sound from rear speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big G

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks!!!

Brad,

I have 99 Suburban and
Have you installed the the speakers in the back of your Burb yet? I just ordered me a set as well and was trying to figure out how the take old ones out. I heard that the headliner has to come down?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Brad,

I have 99 Suburban and
Have you installed the the speakers in the back of your Burb yet? I just ordered me a set as well and was trying to figure out how the take old ones out. I heard that the headliner has to come down?

You don't have to mess with the headliner at all. The two fabric covered speaker grilles in the rear roof have little tabs holding them in. You can pull one side down gently and rotate the tabs out of the way with a long screwdriver. Once you get two of them loose the grille will drop out. Then it's just four screws holding each speaker in.

BOWHNT

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was out of touch for a few days and just now saw your question. df2x4 is correct. Mine has two fabric covered speaker grills in the ceiling back by the barn doors. I just flexed them to pop the front side tabs out then the whole thing comes out easily. Then four screws to remove the speakers. I recommend the wiring connector that was mentioned earlier in the post.