No response

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rustjunky67

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have posted twice and not gotten any replies whatsoever...
Is there something I'm doing wrong??

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have posted twice and not gotten any replies whatsoever...
Is there something I'm doing wrong??
Nope. Someone will see the post and respond when they have time.
Yep, you pretty well got your answer. To expound on the answers, your cam is toast, maybe your engine too, if you don't strip it and clean the block before rebuilding it. Metal flakes will contaminate the oil passages, especially behind the cam bearings, and wipe out your rotating assembly again. Ask me how I know :confused:

FYI - I've asked thousands of questions, most of them have been answered, most of them have been accurate, whether I liked them or not. This forum is undoubtedly the best, with the most participation, of any which I've been a member.

Hang in there kiddo! :waytogo:

Rustjunky67

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
To see if they went through, click your name (by the envelope) and hit “messages” and it will show your posts.

You must be registered for see images attach
Thanks new to using forums... yes I'm a old backwoods dinosaur

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep, you pretty well got your answer. To expound on the answers, your cam is toast, maybe your engine too, if you don't strip it and clean the block before rebuilding it. Metal flakes will contaminate the oil passages, especially behind the cam bearings, and wipe out your rotating assembly again. Ask me how I know :confused:

FYI - I've asked thousands of questions, most of them have been answered, most of them have been accurate, whether I liked them or not. This forum is undoubtedly the best, with the most participation, of any which I've been a member.

Hang in there kiddo! :waytogo:
He's not wrong.
In 20+ years of using forums, this one is hands down the best, fastest, most accurate, AND (somehow) most polite with 100% best correct and accurate info you could ever ask for.

It is for real maybe one of the best places left on the internet.

Intragration

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's an endless cycle, as long as those of us who know "less" keep wrenching and learning from those who know "more". Think about it, the first wrench was probably turned on a GMT400 in 1988. A guy who was 60 years old then would be 95 today. And yet today, somewhere, an 18 year old also turned his first wrench on a GMT400. It'll be 77 years (Year 2100) before he's 95. I'm right in the middle, but I don't think too much about it. Just trying to keep the Suburban roadworthy.