No park?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Billys44s

Reaction score
Hey guys.

So I recently ran into a problem on a 92 Chevy truck. So a week a go my ignition module gave out on my truck and it was binding up and was letting my truck crank or lock into park. So I had to forcefully put the truck into park while I waited for a tow. And after getting the new one put in. The truck starts in reverse and drive but there no park anywhere on the column.

I’m not sure if the column is screwed or what’s going it

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 88-94 trucks used a mechanical shifter linkage. Get a look at the various parts.

Check the rod bushing at the bottom of the column, in the engine bay, for looseness. There is a bushing on the frame with a rod that goes from the frame to the tranny.
There is a pinch bolt type adjuster located by the end of the "rod from the column" to the "frame to tranny rod"
Lastly, the rods can be bent from use or force.

You've got a bunch of looking to do, and you'll probably need an assistant and a good flashlight.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a week a go my ignition module gave out on my truck and it was binding up and was letting my truck crank or lock into park.
That's not something the ignition module can do.

So I had to forcefully put the truck into park while I waited for a tow. And after getting the new one put in. The truck starts in reverse and drive but there no park anywhere on the column.

I’m not sure if the column is screwed or what’s going it
That's a column/switch/lock cylinder problem, not an ignition module problem.