No Movement - 4L60E on 1994 Burban K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seza

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sorry for starting a new thread about this when there are other related threads on here,

anyway ... this has been an ongoing issue with my rig for few months:

As a result of rough driving conditions both tranie and torque converter were broken: the tranie was rebuild successfully and the TC was welded,
the vehicle has been driving well for couple of weeks but today during a long drive - suddenly it lost all movements :)

1. fluid level fine
2. no unusual noises
3. fluid level does change from engine off to on - ie the pump is pumping!

I am suspecting the TC - but how can I "test" TC vs tranie?

any thought please?

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh man! Not again... :(

I would think the forward clutch went out on it:
You must be registered for see images attach

Do you have reverse?

Was the transmission cooler flushed when it was rebuilt? If available, next step is to hook up a pressure guage on the test port.

Last edited:

seza

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Stu,
No reverse no forward ... no cooler wasn't flushed but fully drained,
Unfortunately - I have no access to pressure gauge and unlikely that I'd get it in this part of the world.

seza

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, all good things come to end - as they say,
it is been great owning this big girl - now she will have to go - no more mending,
the road conditions here are not suitable for this kind of rig, esp with a beefy 6.5TD married to a 4L60E!

I take this opportunity to thank those that made this great forum, it is been such a big help and also a big
thank you to all that helped throughout.

Keep up up the good work.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Well, all good things come to end - as they say,
it is been great owning this big girl - now she will have to go - no more mending,
the road conditions here are not suitable for this kind of rig, esp with a beefy 6.5TD married to a 4L60E!

I take this opportunity to thank those that made this great forum, it is been such a big help and also a big
thank you to all that helped throughout.

Keep up up the good work.
Sounds like this truck really needs a 4L80E