No headlights when I press brakes.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Turnerjcaleb411

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every time I hit my brakes, my headlights turn off, radio turns off, an courtesy lights turn on. I removed my brake light switch an still get this problem is there any other wires running to the brake pedal or brake booster I can see anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Have a look under the column and make sure that your pedal is not coming into contact with any wiring, pulling on or pinching.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
I would have another look, the brakes circuit has nothing in common with the Headlights or radio. I think you are missing something. I will have a look at one of my trucks and pull out a wiring diagram to see if they have anything in common.

Turnerjcaleb411

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I removed the brake booster rod from the brake pedal an it’s doesn’t do it. Only when the brake booster it pushed in it does it which it weird. There is also a noise coming from the headlight relay in cab (Took our relay still flickers inside cab lights) not sure if that has anything to do with it. I noticed a strange wire coming outta of the brake booster an looks to be deteriorating not sure what the wire is or where it come from it’s not hot or nothing.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Is there any sort of hacked wiring from a previous owner anywhere on the truck? This is a really strange problem that sounds like somebody took power from the brake light circuit to power something else. Then that hack failed somewhere.

Turnerjcaleb411

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
But wouldn’t the brake lights only turn on when the brake switch is pressed in? Seems like there is some type of wire around the brake booster to be grounding itself out. Not sure but I’m stumped an I would remove the brake booster but some ****** design put the bolts In cab an makes them hard to remove.