No blower, radio, cruise control with push button starter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cdubb79w

Reaction score
I’m trying to make sense of this if all these are connected. I made a post awhile back for my 1996 K1500 about an issue getting it to start related to the ignition cylinder. Tried replacing it, tried hunting fuses and chased wires but I got no where. It would take me an hour sometime to start the truck so I had a friend rig up a push button starter. The key still is used to turn on the truck and fuel pump but after that push in the clutch and hit the button to start, turn the key off to shut it down. It works perfectly but now I have no cruise, radio won’t power up at all and no blower. I actually think I don’t have any control to the blend doors anymore either for the vents. All of these things worked before the push button (cruise was temperamental but usually worked and I needed to replace the rheostat for the blower but it worked on high and on all vent settings). What can I do to return power but keep the push button, if the push button is at fault? I checked all fuses, all were good and I ran a jumper wire from the blower fan to the battery, blower still works that way. I’ve attached an image of how we wired the push button, maybe someone can elaborate why this is happening.

Attachments

• 92233874-C4F7-4EA8-88B4-5FBC654FDCA4.jpeg
    92233874-C4F7-4EA8-88B4-5FBC654FDCA4.jpeg
    150 KB · Views: 8