No Air coming out of vents.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steven Bishop

Reaction score
Alright so I'm having some problems getting the fan to direct air to my vents. I changed out the mode door actuator thinking that that was the problem and everything seems to be functioning properly until you get to the front facing vents. When you put the knob to vents it only comes out of the 2 side vents that are right next to the driver and passenger window. I functioned the mode door by hand and it does the same thing. All the linkages are intact and appear to be functioning the doors. I removed the lower floor vent duct in the middle and you can see the door funtioning when you switch it back and forth. Which one of the top doors is supposed to direct the air to the front facing vents? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Steven Bishop

Reaction score
I have tried it on all settings. It works on all setting except for vent where it's just blows out of the side vents that face the driver and passenger windows. The vents are on the sides of the dash, you pretty much have to open the doors to see them. It isn't coming out of the top defrost vents when it does this

sradams21

Reaction score
Mine does something similar. Vent control/direction functions correctly until you activate the A/C button or the recirculate button then it goes to the floor only.

Steven Bishop

Reaction score
Yeah I never got it figured out so if anybody has any ideas let me know. Going to be away for work for a few weeks but gonna get back at it when I get back home.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The air will come out of the side dash vents on all settings, so that sounds like that part is working ok.

Best guess is that the actuator is toast, a linkage is broken or the dampers are dislodged somehow. The dampers cannot be replaced without pulling the dash, so if you get to that point then it would be best to replace all of them along with the foam seal on the box.

Compare your damper actuator dial position and linkages with the photos below, see if it matches from panel to floor to defrost. Check the ends of the linkages where they connect to the damper rods, see if they’re connected and that the linkages shift smoothly as the actuator turns.

If the notched dial position indicator matches, then you know that the panel is giving the actuator the correct signal and that the actuator is ok.

Dash vents:

You must be registered for see images attach

Floor:

Defrost:

Last edited: