No 4wd high but everything else works!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtstclair

Reaction score
Its deff 4 low front wheels are spinning in mud goes from 4 low to 2wd high with no problem. Button Lights work but when u push 4wd high nothing happens just stays in 2wd

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
So it worked one time after disconnecting the battery? Hmm... Have you tried digging through forums? I know the search on most forums is crap (including this one). One thing I've found to help is searching via google. If you type in "site:forum_name.com" after the query without the quotation marks it'll let you search just that website.

Example: no 4 hi site:gmt400.com
Ex2: no 4 hi k1500 site:gmfullsize.com

I did a little digging the other day looking for a solution and came past a couple of threads with the same problem. But haven't yet found one with a solution. Best of luck.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I think it's either the encoder motor switch or the TCCM. More likely the motor. But that's just loading the parts cannon because this doesn't seem to make sense.

mtstclair

Reaction score
What the encoder motor switch where is it at I replaced motor on tcase and same results I'm going to double check actuator but pretty sure it's working unless it's stuck

shallow183

Reaction score
You're problem seems similar to the one I had. My truck is a 98 with the push button 4wd. When mine started acting up it would not go into 4hi, it would just blink and go back to 2hi. If you selected 4low it would put the transfer case into low range but not lock in the front axle (verified by putting truck on lift). I replaced the front axle actuator and that fixed the problem. My truck also liked to randomly disengage 4hi. I fixed that by re-soldering the pins on the back of the 4wd selector switch.