Nice looking rcsb near me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
Was in front of his/her house last week with a For Sale sign in the window. It's a '94, and asking price is $14,900. I haven't talked with the owner, nor do I know anything else about it. If anyone's fancy is tickled by this beauty, I can make contact with the owner for them.

Attachments

• PSX_20210705_070635.jpg
    PSX_20210705_070635.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 23
  • PSX_20210705_070730.jpg
    PSX_20210705_070730.jpg
    377.9 KB · Views: 23

red98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Was in front of his/her house last week with a For Sale sign in the window. It's a '94, and asking price is $14,900. I haven't talked with the owner, nor do I know anything else about it. If anyone's fancy is tickled by this beauty, I can make contact with the owner for them.
Good god I used to think mine was worth like $1200 but if that thing is worth $15k mines gotta be at least $4-5 lmao.

It has like $1200 Les Schwab wheels and tires, little window tint. Its clean but what's so special.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's alot $$ on that truck in paint. It looks pretty straight down the side of that. Add a fresh engine or trans to the mix etc and it's not hard to get to a number like that. Glass, bumpers, trim all look nice.

Around here a semi beater shortbox that needs some work will bring 4k.

Last edited:

red98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's alot $$ on that truck in paint. It looks pretty straight down the side of that. Add a fresh engine or trans to the mix etc and it's not hard to get to a number like that. Glass, bumpers, trim all look nice.

Around here a semi beater shortbox that needs some work will bring 4k.
You know I've never really had an eye for paint (at least I don't think so) but you're totally right, looking at the first pic how the reflections actually reflect a somewhat normal looking picture, whereas the cars I'm around all day (brand new Fords and Mopars, and "professionally" repainted cars out of my dealership collision center) have the worst orange peel, its almost like looking at a shiny, colorful golfball.
Not to mention contaminants, I had a 2010 Camaro SS in bright yellow (rally yellow?) Bumblebee edition and everything, only had 5k miles when I picked it up in 2019, I got hit and run on the driver's quarter, and let my work's bodyshop take care of it, the color was fine, but the orange peel was worse than stock, and there was like .5-1mm dust particles underneath the paintjob, the "best painter" at my work just said its normal LOL.
That job woulda cost me like $5-7k if I didn't have comprehensive.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You know I've never really had an eye for paint (at least I don't think so) but you're totally right, looking at the first pic how the reflections actually reflect a somewhat normal looking picture, whereas the cars I'm around all day (brand new Fords and Mopars, and "professionally" repainted cars out of my dealership collision center) have the worst orange peel, its almost like looking at a shiny, colorful golfball.
Not to mention contaminants, I had a 2010 Camaro SS in bright yellow (rally yellow?) Bumblebee edition and everything, only had 5k miles when I picked it up in 2019, I got hit and run on the driver's quarter, and let my work's bodyshop take care of it, the color was fine, but the orange peel was worse than stock, and there was like .5-1mm dust particles underneath the paintjob, the "best painter" at my work just said its normal LOL.
That job woulda cost me like $5-7k if I didn't have comprehensive.
Production/collision painting methods have changed. Long gone is water sanding and physically washing the car before masking. Making with plastic instead of paper etc, but really the painter should have taken a bit of time to nib and buff the trash.

I have a hard time matching peel on new Jeeps. They're way past orange peel and straight up pineapple skin.

red98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Production/collision painting methods have changed. Long gone is water sanding and physically washing the car before masking. Making with plastic instead of paper etc, but really the painter should have taken a bit of time to nib and buff the trash.

I have a hard time matching peel on new Jeeps. They're way past orange peel and straight up pineapple skin.
I hear from the other body guys, painters included, that he is the "best" as in most productive, but the Manager never gives him the long term/higher end restoration type stuff, those go to an older guy who exclusively goes by his nickname "Duck" because the old-timer knows quality, while the other guy is like an assembly line.

Our owner has "Duck" doing a 1935 Chevy Pickup with what appears to be a 10' bed, and a wooden cab (I know nothing about cars older than 1960 lol), and a 1969 mustang in purple, and a Nova in gray, no details on the Nova tho.

The other guy clocks like 80-120 hrs a week (flag time) and makes big $$$ but he gets here at 8 and leaves at 5 - he gets away with the BS since most insurance companies don't care how nice the finish is, only that every part used was certified and stuff like that.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
I might stop by just to see the engine and interior look like.
Yes, I think it's pricey.
No, I can't afford it.
I AM a big fan of these trucks of ours though. I'm curious to see what the asking price is about, and, it never hurts to make another car-guy friend. -Well, rarely hurts, anyway.