NewBie need some info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Faithful94

Reaction score
hi just joined today I have a 94 K2500 6 lug extra cab Silverado . I put new engine in ,got about 15000 miles on it. I do a lot of towing for work and play so installed 411’s in it. Since I did all this I’ve never done any work with ecm , my new engine runs good but had some issues with injectors and I’m sure I need to get more fuel pressure. What would any of you guys that know way more than I (which isn’t much) do ? I need to get full potential from engine and gears ! Any help would be great

Wade

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome!

Headers, high flow or no cats, and a good exhaust. You could try cleaning the injectors and rebuilding the throttle body, new fuel filter. Do a tune up. There are chips, some by Jet or TBIchips for the 94s, but I've heard mixed reviews on whether they make a big difference on a stock engine.

Faithful94

Reaction score
Thanks for your input I’m in commyfornia so can’t change exhaust much if at all, put in new injectors ran good for a bit then started running rough again new filter twice now.i bought engine from (west coast engines )not stock it is called stage 2 one up from stock replacement . I’m not sure exactly what it has in it they say it can get 300 hp

Wade

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I see your program, check out this: http://tbichips.com/?page_id=73
If you have a motor that can make 300hp and the stock tbi that only delivers fuel for 180hp, then a chip should wake it up.

There are a few guys on here in California who have custom exhaust setups, hopefully one of them chimes in. It's too bad that you folks who aren't in America can't really modify your exhaust!

Now with the running rough, does it always run rough, just when cold, when warm, at idle. . .? Have you checked the ignition (plugs,wires, cap/rotor, etc)

Faithful94

Reaction score
Ive looked at that site got real good info. I bought a 96 two wheel drive no engine, I was going to turn it for some cash but can’t find a motor so lm going to rape it use the interior rear leaf springs, gas tank and pump. All things my 94 is in need of. I’ve got 21 years of dirt and dog hair in my truck. So fuel pump has the pressure I need the guy at Harris performance never got back to me about a chip. It would be great for him to build me one or whatever he does but like I said never got back to me .

In regards to ignition had to recently put a coil in it just quit one day. Cap,wires,rotor all look okay it’s running like it did before I changed injectors pops some at take off occasionally or sometimes will die starts right up but sucks in an intersection when put new injectors in I went up to Tahoe area with camper and boat it hauled ass passing fords all the way up there. Since it’s got progressively worse.

Faithful94

Reaction score
Thanks but already started stripping the 96, going to part the rest out. So if anyone needs body parts everything but hood is for sale body wise. I’m using hood . It’s a long bed color blue