Newb looking for help on Wheel selection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcpcola

Reaction score
Hi I am new and I have a 2000 3500 OBS Crew Cab LS LWB SRW 8 lug 2wd and I am looking to bag my truck and I am struggling to find info on wheel selection. I would love to run 22 or 24 inch wheels but all the wheels I can find are extreme offsets and this will cause the wheels to stick out but I want them to tuck. Everything I find out line relates to dually or 1500's and I don't know where to look.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Definitely a tough spot, here's something to consider - do you need to leave the truck 3500-capable or you just dig having a crew longbed? Many have converted 'em to 1500 suspension to knock down the bolt pattern. Going 5 or 6 lug would be pretty easy and you're gonna have it all torn apart anyway to bag it.

Richard

mcpcola

Reaction score
Definitely a tough spot, here's something to consider - do you need to leave the truck 3500-capable or you just dig having a crew longbed? Many have converted 'em to 1500 suspension to knock down the bolt pattern. Going 5 or 6 lug would be pretty easy and you're gonna have it all torn apart anyway to bag it.

Richard

I will be towing a two trailer as I and my son both have drift cars so we go to events outside our area so with the weight and highway speeds I think I would have to keep it 3500 and I cant do the Dually conversion as I do drive this to work and the parking spots will not support the width. Looks like I might have to look at 20 inch wheels as a max size.