New truck with plenty of problems...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DukeWicked

Reaction score
Well I may have made a little mistake.. Ended up with this 1995 GMC Seirra SLE 5.7L 4x4 auto long bed extended cab. It runs and drives sort of... I actually like it a lot and so does the wife so going to have to fix it all.

A bit about myself. I've been working on vehicles ever since I could remember. I have never had to pull a engine or trans though. I've done plenty of CV axles, brakes and other stuff of the sort. Never swapped seats either. I like trucks and guns. I have only ever owned 1 Chevy before. 1987 S10 Blazer 2 door 2.8L manual transmission 4x4. Was a fun rig until I needed more space. Otherwise I've had Subaru and Ford.

Problems: I'll update as I fix them.

Dumps oil because of a massive amount of blow by. Has 200k on it. - Wanting to drop in another 95 5.7L TBI. Thinking scrap yard pull of a lower mile and throwing new gaskets in it. Not sure what else I should do to it for future preventative problems.

Outside door handles are trashed.
No keys for the doors.
Passenger side needs window regulator and motor.
Tailgate handle broke. -
Power seat doesn't work. - Want buckets instead of bench anyway.
Headliner messed up. - I know someone that will do a camo wrap on it.
Play in steering wheel. Like 1/4 turn easy.
Pass CV axle needs replaced.
Blower motor sounds funny.
Locking lug nuts with no key. - Just ordered new lug nuts.

So came here looking for help and to do more research into making this truck great again.
Future plans also include a winch bumper.

Attachments

• 95 GMC.jpg
    95 GMC.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
Well I may have made a little mistake.. Ended up with this 1995 GMC Seirra SLE 5.7L 4x4 auto long bed extended cab. It runs and drives sort of... I actually like it a lot and so does the wife so going to have to fix it all.

A bit about myself. I've been working on vehicles ever since I could remember. I have never had to pull a engine or trans though. I've done plenty of CV axles, brakes and other stuff of the sort. Never swapped seats either. I like trucks and guns. I have only ever owned 1 Chevy before. 1987 S10 Blazer 2 door 2.8L manual transmission 4x4. Was a fun rig until I needed more space. Otherwise I've had Subaru and Ford.

Problems: I'll update as I fix them.

Dumps oil because of a massive amount of blow by. Has 200k on it. - Wanting to drop in another 95 5.7L TBI. Thinking scrap yard pull of a lower mile and throwing new gaskets in it. Not sure what else I should do to it for future preventative problems.

No keys for the doors.
Passenger side needs window regulator and motor.
Tailgate handle broke. -
Power seat doesn't work. - Want buckets instead of bench anyway.
Headliner messed up. - I know someone that will do a camo wrap on it.
Play in steering wheel. Like 1/4 turn easy.
Pass CV axle needs replaced.
Blower motor sounds funny.

So came here looking for help and to do more research into making this truck great again.
Future plans also include a winch bumper.
Take your VIN to the dealership and have them cut a key for your doors. (as long as the cylinders have not been replaced)

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
It's not too hard to remember which key does what, when you have 2 different ones. We've been doing this with the crew cab, since that's how it came to us. I figure the ears got broken off of the ignition lock cylinder at some point, and it was replaced without rekeying it to the door locks. Door key is original to the truck, and won't turn the ignition lock cylinder.