New Trans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Guys my Trans from O’ Reilly’s auto parts has done me good now they rebuilt them by replacing many parts not just the part that is bad like a mom and pops Transmission shop does now believe me been there and had that happen to me with these sorry 4L60e Transmissions so in the long run do it right or your going to spend more money like me.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys, my Trans from O’ Reilly’s auto parts has done me good. They rebuild them by replacing many parts, and not just the parts that are bad. The mom and pop Transmission shops [tend to replace only the parts that are bad]. Believe me, been there and had that happen to me with these sorry 4L60e Transmissions. So, in the long run do it right or your going to spend more money like me.
FTFY

Unless I have plenty of references, I don't trust any transmission shop. A very few of the rebuild factories turn out good work, and I'll assume O'Reilly is using one of those. GMCTRUCKS, I'm glad you had a good experience with their transmissions. I'll try building my own.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
lol, are you trying to say you got a good one from O'Reileys or a bad one?

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
I had a mom n pop race shop rebuild my 4L60E into a stage 3 Heavy Duty rated for 600HP. they have also been in business building transmissions and race cars since before color photography and have 1000's of pics of their work all over their office and shop. they were also born into it and it has always been family owned and operated.

a company's reputation is everything and in today's world is easily learned.

Al

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
direct from google....

O'Reilly Auto Parts carries transmission systems and components from established brands. Check out our selection of Power Torque transmissions and transmission parts from Pioneer Inc. We also carry transmission seals from Master Pro and National to help complete your transmission repair.

I cant find a bbb review for power torque transmissions but I can find a bbb review for Power Torque Engines and it's a 1/5, sounds like it would be a 0/5 if it was an option.

I only spent 5 mins of research...

Al

VIKING_MECHANIC

GMT 400 obsessed Swede.
Reaction score
FTFY

Unless I have plenty of references, I don't trust any transmission shop. A very few of the rebuild factories turn out good work, and I'll assume O'Reilly is using one of those. GMCTRUCKS, I'm glad you had a good experience with their transmissions. I'll try building my own.
^^THIS

The shop that I use, when I came across them, the owner had showed me pictures of the drag cars he built 30+ years ago. If I didn't get a chance to talk to him and see those, I probably wouldn't have used them multiple times know.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
FTFY

I have had my share of bad 4L60e Transmision’s like once I was going down to see my dad and my Trans was doing so good well I stopped on the half way mark of my trip to buy a soda pop and I put my truck in drive and it would only go into drive so I drove the rest of my trip slower it reminded me of my older rides I had with no overdrive oh it was taking off in third from a red light as well but my 5.7 did it.