New tools!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigfutz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
New Tools but maybe not for wrenching on a vehicle. For those of you who don't know, I'm building an entertainment center and am always running out of clamps for glue-up. I went online and looked for some beam clamps but they're getting ridiculous in price. So I ordered a couple Bessey pipe clamp kits. I like Bessey brand because they're high quality and made in Germany but, not any more :mad: They're made in China now. Anyway, I put them together after going to Lowe's for a couple sticks of 3/4" X 48" black pipe. I didn't realize how expensive pipe has gotten either - $27.14 ea. Next time I'll go to a steel yard, get a 21' stick, cut and thread my own ends! So, $19.09 ea for the clamps plus the pipes I have $46.23 in each. It's still cheaper than the beam clamps like the one behind them. The new style ones are ~$142/pair o_O

I do like the way their feet are designed so you can crank the handle while sitting on them.

You must be registered for see images attach

I still have 10 drawer boxes to glue up after I cut the box joints on the table saw. I still don't have enough, I'll have to do it in 2 separate sessions, I guess - never can have enough clamps :(

Can you set those pipe clamps up as a spreader, or does the threaded piece only go on one way?

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Black Friday welder is here!
Look like it has a lot of nice features. Only issue with any off brand is will you be able to get parts for it when and if it brakes, and will you be able to get it serviced. It does look like it will do some very nice aluminum work with the pulse generator. Also some very thin steel and stainless welded a lot better with a pulse generator.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Yea, I did a ton of research before unloading that much money. Everlast has a 5-year full repair warranty, they can either send you the parts for free for the user to repair or I would have to send the whole unit out for them to repair with shipping cost on them. The only issue with that is the turn around time is usually upwards of a month. If its something simple, they usually recommend the user repair the unit with the free parts sent to them.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
It also has a cool aluminum feature, it has AC positive and DC negative waveform. For higher penetration. Everlast is the only US distributed brand with that feature but I think the next generation of Millers will come with that. I dont think I'll need that because its a 350amp machine but just in case I want to weld 1" aluminum in a single pass I could give it a shot, lol. Jody on welding-tips-and-tricks on youtube has a cool video about it.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I just got a new to me miter saw. It's nothing special. Seen it on a local auction and bid figured it would go way higher then I wanted to pay. Ended up paying 30 bucks for it so if it only lasts a year I'm not out much . Its a craftsmen I think 10 possibly 12 in. Listing didn't say what size but doesn't matter to me for what my planned uses for it will be.