New tools!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Been a while, bought a bunch of **** and I don't even have pictures of everything!
Spent some money on the Matco truck a couple weeks back and got a plier set; pictured here with the Blue Point adjustable I scored for $20 at the last swap meet I went to, I'm missing the Matco needle-nose pliers in the picture
You must be registered for see images attach

I also got a brand new in the package set of MAC pliers for $80; no pics of that, a Blue-Point flex head, ratcheting wrench set, and a set of Snap-On 3/8 standard sockets; all in all I probably paid right around $320 for everything from the swap meet and maybe $120 for the Matco plier set.

Sorry for the quality of the pictures, the lights in my new workshop suck ass.
I bought a house, so I'm gonna have to be thrifty with tools and take advantage of every swap meet or yard sale I can find quality tools at.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Been a while, bought a bunch of **** and I don't even have pictures of everything!
Spent some money on the Matco truck a couple weeks back and got a plier set; pictured here with the Blue Point adjustable I scored for $20 at the last swap meet I went to, I'm missing the Matco needle-nose pliers in the picture

I also got a brand new in the package set of MAC pliers for $80; no pics of that, a Blue-Point flex head, ratcheting wrench set, and a set of Snap-On 3/8 standard sockets; all in all I probably paid right around $320 for everything from the swap meet and maybe $120 for the Matco plier set.

Sorry for the quality of the pictures, the lights in my new workshop suck ass.
I bought a house, so I'm gonna have to be thrifty with tools and take advantage of every swap meet or yard sale I can find quality tools at.

Lowes had some LED 48" lights for like $25 a pop back in the Spring, I put 2 in the hangar. I highly recommend them, they're bright AF. 3000ish lumens each. Game changers.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lowes had some LED 48" lights for like $25 a pop back in the Spring, I put 2 in the hangar. I highly recommend them, they're bright AF. 3000ish lumens each. Game changers.

Lights are definitely going to be a necessary upgrade, the wiring is a little dickered so I'll have to figure that out; I'm trying to put as little effort into the existing building as possible. I've got plans to knock this old garage down and put up a 26x32x10 workshop.

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
Lights are definitely going to be a necessary upgrade, the wiring is a little dickered so I'll have to figure that out; I'm trying to put as little effort into the existing building as possible. I've got plans to knock this old garage down and put up a 26x32x10 workshop.
Have you considered the LED strip lighting? you can get them in 8ft lenghts and link 3-5 together. i have 10 or them across my 2 of my 3 bays (third bay is a high ceiling for the lift so im using different lighting) and the lighting is great. 10 foot ceilings too. iirc i bought the 10 pack from amazon for around 180.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Have you considered the LED strip lighting? you can get them in 8ft lenghts and link 3-5 together. i have 10 or them across my 2 of my 3 bays (third bay is a high ceiling for the lift so im using different lighting) and the lighting is great. 10 foot ceilings too. iirc i bought the 10 pack from amazon for around 180.
I got some of those cheapo LED fixtures from a-zon, too. The only problem I found with linking them is they don't weigh anything at all, so the tension of the cord hanging from one to the next causes them to pull against the chains so they don't sit exactly how I want them to. It took some serious shortening of the chains and tying-up of the cords to make them kinda behave. They're nice and bright for a low price, though.

Richard

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Being MATCO branded, they should have an excellent warranty.

One wonders who makes them for MATCO, and whether the same product can be purchased without the "Tool Truck" inflated price. (Far as I know, MATCO makes nothing but some of their tool chests, everything else is "bought in" from outside sources.)

There's a couple of threads at Garage Journal that list the tool truck part number, along with the actual manufacturer and their part number; or at least a non-Tool Truck vendor's number. The same tool can then be sourced from Amazon or some other tool supplier at greatly reduced price.

I thought there was at least one other similar thread, but I can't find it right now. Maybe the two threads were combined.

7thdarkangel

Breaking Sh*t
Reaction score
I got some of those cheapo LED fixtures from a-zon, too. The only problem I found with linking them is they don't weigh anything at all, so the tension of the cord hanging from one to the next causes them to pull against the chains so they don't sit exactly how I want them to. It took some serious shortening of the chains and tying-up of the cords to make them kinda behave. They're nice and bright for a low price, though.

Richard
Huh, i haven't had that issue. All the connections on the set i bought where nice and tight. I did make all my own lengths of "chain cable" so nothing was hanging more than 2" from the ceiling. Still have yet to secure the cables to the ceiling.

These are the ones i bought:
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RKZFD5Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Huh, i haven't had that issue. All the connections on the set i bought where nice and tight. I did make all my own lengths of "chain cable" so nothing was hanging more than 2" from the ceiling. Still have yet to secure the cables to the ceiling.

These are the ones i bought:
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Right, that's what I'm saying. No issue with the connections, just that if the chains aren't super short, the weight of the cord pulls against the fixture because it doesn't weigh anything. So it's not where you positioned it hanging from the chains, it's pulling against the chains.

Richard

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought these 10 - 2 row LEDs on line from Sam's club super cheap but, with them hanging about 10' off the ground and 12' eaves, with both 16' X 10' roll up doors open and a good breeze, they sway in the wind and will disconnect themselves so, I only open one of the doors 1/2 way and all's good. :waytogo: The single row LEDs on the girts are from Home Depot - very expensive.