New tools!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Snappy Claus came early! It was on discount and I needed/wanted this one for awhile. It is 1/2" flex with torque angle that counts up so if you need to go 140 degrees and you swing 42, 37, 38 and so on it records the amount until you hit your 140.
You must be registered for see images attach

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Snappy Claus came early! It was on discount and I needed/wanted this one for awhile. It is 1/2" flex with torque angle that counts up so if you need to go 140 degrees and you swing 42, 37, 38 and so on it records the amount until you hit your 140.

Really need one of those. I've borrowed coworkers for doing head studs on a polaris rzr engine. Trying to hold a engine and torque it 180° is a pain without that angle sensor

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Really need one of those. I've borrowed coworkers for doing head studs on a polaris rzr engine. Trying to hold a engine and torque it 180° is a pain without that angle sensor
Try this one for size. This is how you do a 2.5 turbo Subaru.

Tighten all bolts to 22 foot-pounds. Tighten all bolts to 51 foot-pounds. This first sequence sets the gasket. Loosen all bolts in reverse order. Loosen them again another 160°. Tighten bolts one and two to 25 to 36 foot-pounds. Tighten bolts three, four, five and six to 132 inch-pounds. Use the torque angle gauge to tighten all bolts another 90°. Follow the sequence again and tighten them another 45°. Tighten bolts one and two only an additional 45°(turbocharged models only)

Now imagine this. I'm not a mechanic in my shop, I'm the manager. If the phone rings or the door rings then I have to drop what I'm doing and take care of customers. It could quite literally be hours before I make it back to what I'm working on. This torque wrench also has sequencing. I press a button at the start of each pass and when I get pulled away the torque wrench tells me where I stopped so I can continue on like normal.

grey wolf

Reaction score

These torque wrenches are awesome! I have this one and the 3/8 drive one as well. Well worth the money for the amount of things you can do with them.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
Try this one for size. This is how you do a 2.5 turbo Subaru.

Tighten all bolts to 22 foot-pounds. Tighten all bolts to 51 foot-pounds. This first sequence sets the gasket. Loosen all bolts in reverse order. Loosen them again another 160°. Tighten bolts one and two to 25 to 36 foot-pounds. Tighten bolts three, four, five and six to 132 inch-pounds. Use the torque angle gauge to tighten all bolts another 90°. Follow the sequence again and tighten them another 45°. Tighten bolts one and two only an additional 45°(turbocharged models only)

Are you sure there's not a Japanese engineer for Subaru somewhere that is a classic Bugs Bunny fan and just wants some Daffy Duck American technicians to do this silly hokey-pokey?

MAN that's complicated!

Side note, I'd love to have a '50s oval window Bug with a 2.5 Subie swap!

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Are you sure there's not a Japanese engineer for Subaru somewhere that is a classic Bugs Bunny fan and just wants some Daffy Duck American technicians to do this silly hokey-pokey?

MAN that's complicated!

Side note, I'd love to have a '50s oval window Bug with a 2.5 Subie swap!
Stuff like this is why I like 350 Chevy engines and the trucks they come in

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone have a cordless impact gun? What brands do you recommend? I want one to replace the lug wrench I carry. I'm spoiled by pneumatic tools and I had a blowout a couple weeks ago. Seems like a handy thing to carry in the tool bag.