New tools!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got a Gearwrench adjustable Friday, picked up a Craftsman socket holder and Channellock flush cut snips.
I also noticed every time I go to work on **** and I think I'm prepared I always wind up going to my dad's toolbox because it's something I don't have and it's usually crucial to have it.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I also noticed every time I go to work on **** and I think I'm prepared I always wind up going to my dad's toolbox because it's something I don't have and it's usually crucial to have it.

Borrowing your dad's tools is a pro strategy. They always have the good stuff.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
I have not used those 3/8" impacts but that is a 12v and those batteries last a surprisingly long time for its size but no where near as long as the 20V. If you have the need it will work excellent. I'm a cabinet maker and I couldn't even tell you have many dewalt tools I have, I'm completely cordless. One thing I have learned about those 12V batteries is they will burn out if you quick charge them with high amp 20v chargers. I use 2 12 volt drills for most of my work and I thought my original drill driver was done but it was actually the batteries, I found out when I bought a new drill and put the new batteries on my old drill and it ran absolutely perfect.

Al

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a cabinet maker and I couldn't even tell you have many dewalt tools I have, I'm completely cordless.
Small world guy! My hobby, among other things is wood working, I recently bought a 20V Dewalt impact driver with the 2.0 AH batteries. Just started building a bathroom vanity for our guest bath. I had to be careful with it, even on setting #2 I snapped a pocket screw by just getting a little hard on the trigger. This is with white oak which is harder than hell - even had to pre-drill after making the pocket holes!

You must be registered for see images attach

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My son came over to help with changing the key cylinders on my door locks and trouble shooting the electric locking system. He forgot to bring his pop rivet gun so he stopped off a HF and picked this up up ~$20, well worth it! The window regulator uses 1/4" pop rivets while the locking solenoid (2 - 3/16" rivets) and the push button panel for locks and windows has 6 - 3/16" rivets. I have some pics I'll post tomorrow on "What have you done to your GMT400". Anyway, the thing worked great, even collects its own stems in the little plastic jar.