New tools!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maroon96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got some stuff in anticipation of my coming front end rebuild.

You must be registered for see images attach

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Lube the snot out of that ball joint press! I've galled the threads on several of the OEM presses even with synthetic grease.

Maroon96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lube the snot out of that ball joint press! I've galled the threads on several of the OEM presses even with synthetic grease.

Will do. Do you recommend regular grease or some type of spray on stuff?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Garage sale find

I have a funny memory of watching a buddy crawl under a 4th gen Camaro pulled onto some 2x4s to change the oil with like 4" of clearance, and the only light source he had was a quad D-cell MagLite like that Matco. It was hilarious watching him try and get it to any kind of a useful angle.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Garage sale find

4ae4d456-b0d1-42c2-b64f-d0b5924a539e-jpeg.209009

The company I worked for here in Phx extruded all of the aluminum for Mag Flashlight - out of 6061 alloy, hard stuff!

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
I have a funny memory of watching a buddy crawl under a 4th gen Camaro pulled onto some 2x4s to change the oil with like 4" of clearance, and the only light source he had was a quad D-cell MagLite like that Matco. It was hilarious watching him try and get it to any kind of a useful angle.
Yea i could see where it would be a pain in the ass to use but i couldn't pass it up for $1. Its fine though i have lots of flashlights lol

JeezLouiseGMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just replaced my upper ball joint today. I need to meet whoever at gm decided to rivet in a ball joint. I just wanna talk lmao

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just replaced my upper ball joint today. I need to meet whoever at gm decided to rivet in a ball joint. I just wanna talk lmao

I'm pretty sure the rivets are made of Kryptonite. The first time I changed the upper BJ's on my '91 years ago motivated me to buy a set of cobalt drill bits. My good old timey USA made HSS bits would dull in about 30 seconds even at slow speed. Cobalt bits and lots of cutting oil, then it's not too bad.

Allegedly, some guys torch 'em out, others have CLAIMED they grind the heads off and punch them out (I be skeptical).

Eons from now, the rest of the truck will be dust, but those rivets will still look like new...........