New tools!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Biggershaft96, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Biggershaft96

Biggershaft96 Cant Getrite

So far the only thing milwaukee i own is the m12 jacket and that flashlight. Ive been meaning to buy a m12 fuel ratchet for so long its not even funny lol. Thats hands down my favorite flashlight out of the 20 million i own though. 10/10 would recommend

2. Oldblue98

Oldblue98 Supporting Member

I have the 1/2 18 v fuel impact, fuel weed eater, fuel blower, now the 1/4 inch and 3/8 drive fuel ratchets I like the fact that Milwaukee don't change batteries they stick to the same batteries when they come out with a new tool. I just got done using the ratchets swapping out a starter, don't know how I lived so long without them =)

3. Biggershaft96

The ratchets look handy as hell. The battery weedeaters are the cats meow too. I have the dewalt 20v one and do not miss mixing gas or fight it to start and stay running.

4. Oldblue98

Oldblue98 Supporting Member

I am with you on that gas and mixing, I pull on a weed eater or mower three or four times I am out of the mood to do it =) The weed came loaded with cord new, I bought a big roll of trimming string for it, and it went all year with the cord it came with I have yet to load it with new. Next stop is the 1/2 drive ratchet !

Biggershaft96 likes this.
  5. Biggershaft96

Got a wera torx screwdriver set through msc today. I have a problem but its only $20 a week lol 79391548-E218-4C82-A374-2376280F8C72.jpeg

BNielsen likes this.
  6. JackE

JackE I'm Awesome

The last shop I worked at, almost 20 years ago, paid $50 a month to my tool truck bill. My uncle was the MATCO driver so I got a much better deal than the other guys. I miss buying new tools all the time....

7. Biggershaft96

the only thing i dont like about my tool tab is paying a premium through msc, but almost everything i get comes out of the sales fliers so its about on par with amazons price. I try to stay away from the tool trucks unless i need it quick or ive broken multiple. i think my next purchase will be of the knipex variety

8. 454cid

454cid Sooper Pooper

Sigh, I need new tools... I think the last thing I bought was a single 3/8" Allen socket for my brake pins, on clearance (I saved big money) at Menards's. I can finally use a torque wrench on them now... and not have to constantly remove the Allen wrench to reposition it.

9. tahoe.mkIII

tahoe.mkIII I'm Awesome

I acquired this here fancy gm goodwrench toolbox over the weekend. I know it's technically not a tool, or new. But it's where my tools will now spend their leisure time, and it's new to me...
    Anyone ever see one of these before or know anything about them? I poked around for a bit online, but couldn't find much info, save for one or two that were sold at estate auctions in the past few years. Box seems decent for its age, ball bearing drawers, heavy steel, solidly built. Keys say international on them. Were they possibly a gm dealership tech thing? Or maybe a Kmart special in the 90s when I wasn't aware?..
    IMG_5451.JPG
    IMG_5496.JPG

Oldblue98 and Biggershaft96 like this.
  10. 454cid

454cid Sooper Pooper

Post pictures and inquiry over at The Garage Journal.

tahoe.mkIII likes this.