New tools!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Kinda over dewalt at this point. I dont drop my stuff and the customer service seems to think im full of ****. This battery is less than a year old and ive had 2 5ah batterys break the same way. These are used daily in a machine shop so pardon the dirtyness
You must be registered for see images attach
the bottom and top of this battery are held together by hopes and dreams at this point.
If you look close there are 2 cracks on the back

Ill probably keep my weedeater and big impact but i think im gonna start converting to milwaukee

That sucks. I've dropped my dewalt from ladders, off work benches, dropped an 80lb bag of concrete on it and haven't had any cracks. Going on 2 1/2 years and only problem has been one of the LEDs went out.
But I've also been looking at Milwaukee tools alot lately ever since co worker showed me his.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
I dont have an issue with the tools, just the battery cases. Idk what it is but thats my 3rd one that has fallen apart. If i could find some replacement cases and swap the guts over i wouldnt care but since dewalt doesnt sell them im SOL. I could buy a milwaukee m12 hammer drill and impact set for what replacement dewalt batterys cost. Plus their m12 line looks very appealing lol

Reaction score
I dont have an issue with the tools, just the battery cases. Idk what it is but thats my 3rd one that has fallen apart. If i could find some replacement cases and swap the guts over i wouldnt care but since dewalt doesnt sell them im SOL. I could buy a milwaukee m12 hammer drill and impact set for what replacement dewalt batterys cost. Plus their m12 line looks very appealing lol
Here you go. https://www.amazon.com/Battery-Repl...541193596&sr=8-3&keywords=dewalt+battery+case

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
hmm. Might try one out but would still rather have an oem case. Doesnt seem to have all that good of reviews either.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Could always try some JB Weld plastic epoxy. :lol:

That sucks, though. Seems like DeWalt's quality control has really dropped off in the last five years or so.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Could always try some JB Weld plastic epoxy. :lol:

That sucks, though. Seems like DeWalt's quality control has really dropped off in the last five years or so.
Idk, i started buying dewalt in 2015. So far i have the big 1/2” impact, a brushed and brushless drill, 3 speed impact driver, brushless sawzall, grinder, oscillating tool, cicular saw, and weedeater and the only one that has givin me issue was my big impact. After about 2 years somehow it got some rust inside the head so i pulled it apart, cleaned, and regreased and its been fine ever since.

Batteries are a different story. Other than the 3 with broken cases, i had 2 of the very first flexvolt batteries, both quit charging. They sent me two of the updated versions which have been great. Ive got two 1.5ah batteries and another 5 ah (with a broken case) that just wont hold a charge. So i have a total of 8 junk batteries, 12 good ones and 3 chargers between my house and work lol.

God i just realized how deeply invested i am in dewalt lol.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
The only Dewalt I have weighs about 800lbs and would plug into a 240 outlet, if I had one.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Well im officially a snap on owner, and $107 poorer.
i broke my 4th craftsmen 3/8 flex head ratchet on friday so i bit the bullet and called up my buddy who happens to drive a snap on truck

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've avoided snap on because how expensive it is but everyone in the shop has a set of those swivel impact sockets and those are very tempting.