New tools!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I actually have some 3/8" and 1/2" Gearwrench lock extensions, hardly ever use them but nice to have when I do. I did not have 1/4" lock extensions. I got a good deal on those at EBAY with a mix of SK and Mac. $50 for the set and free shipping. I always ask for a military discount and typically get it.

Military discount on eBay?

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Military discount on eBay?
Yes. I contact the seller and ask for a military discount and/or a discount for being a retired ASE Certified Tech. I also make them aware that I can prove both claims. I have a pic of my DD214 and my ASE Certificates, that I can forward to them if needed. The sellers then send me a reply with a discount offer, usually about 90% of the time. It never hurts to ask and still buy with no discount, if I want the tool bad enough.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SK was historically a good, reliable tool maker. Problem is, they also historically had financial problems.

They got bought and sold multiple times, most-recently to the Communist Chinese who are working to offshore production. There's still some USA-made product (I guess.) OTOH, stuff that used to be USA-made is now coming in from China.

I bought some SK a few years ago--before the sale to Great Star, who also owns multiple other Famous Name tool and equipment companies. I won't touch the new stuff now.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked up a battery and a charging stand for my Solus Pro today. It won’t run without being hooked up to the vehicle. I’ve lost power once and it shut down incorrectly. I’d hate to ruin the software in it.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

New ratcheting crimper to replace the basic one size does all plier version I've been using for years. World of difference. *note: the dies in the center storage spot and tools are switched in the photo*