New to trucks in general!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I absolut

I absolutely intend on doing all the fluids. I just ordered a lower ball joints,in/outter tie rods & sleeves, idler and pitman arm, center link and new rough country upper control arms. Having the brakes checked when they replace all that stuff and it's the guys at my job so I'm sure they'll check the shocks and struts. Also adding a steering stabilizer.
Unless you have 35+" tires, there's no need for a shimmy shock, but good to hear maintenance is top of your list.
Make it safe, and up to date, before making it look beastly

xAFNYx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Unless you have 35+" tires, there's no need for a shimmy shock, but good to hear maintenance is top of your list.
Make it safe, and up to date, before making it look beastly
If a shimmy shock is the steering stabilizer, then for whatever the wholesale discount is on $60 bucks won't hurt to throw it on. And yeah absolutely, it's supposed to be the car I bought to be safe during the winter so I absolutely want everything at the top of its game.

As for making it look beastly, I still havnt really decided what direction I wanna go with it lol. I don't want it to look like an off road/mudder type truck. We'll see I know one of the first things I plan on doing aesthetically is head&tail lights. Then I'll probably tear apart the cab and paint all the trim. Do some sound deadening.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's badass man
Thanks. Plan is:
Stainless brake and fuel lines.
Change all fluids except the rear axle.
Repair small hole in driver floor
New plastic floor, bench seat repair
Bye bye W/T headlights & grill
Flatbed, roll bar, dual spare tires
LED tail lights, flood lights, front spot lights
Small lift kit
315/75/16 & 4.88 rear gears (it's a 2wd)
Black painted hood, roof, grill, front bumper, and probably lower doors & rockers.
Gonna be a helluva winter project. I'll take pics, and post a build thread in the spring