New to this site and obs Gmc/Chevrolet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bought a 95 gmc c3500 dually few weeks back. Plain white work truck, vinyl blue interior. Got the 7.4L eng......... Changed the radio, took the rusted exhaust off. Put a flowmaster 44 with duals out turned out to the rear wheels. Sounds great, give the engine some new life. Painted the paint flaking hood. Got a few other spots to paint. Got a long list of things to do. Glad to have some good info on this site. I'll add some pics later.

Welcome to the forum and looks like a good project. Glad to see that you are getting the "basics" done before getting wild with it.

Too often we see the 'extra's added before any effort is made to get the basic truck up to 100 percent. All too often the owner ends up with a broken down truck with lots of expensive extra stuff on it and no money to fix the basics. Glad you are getting it sorted out first. This thing will be a beast when done !

CATman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and looks like a good project. Glad to see that you are getting the "basics" done before getting wild with it.

Too often we see the 'extra's added before any effort is made to get the basic truck up to 100 percent. All too often the owner ends up with a broken down truck with lots of expensive extra stuff on it and no money to fix the basics. Glad you are getting it sorted out first. This thing will be a beast when done !

Yeah, I want to drive it and enjoy it. Don't understand people who have collectable cars or trucks and don't drive them. Like you say maybe the $3000 wheels and tires should have waited until after the engine leaks were fixed, or whatever mechanically needs attention.
Hope to learn some how to's and read others people's builds and ideas. To customize my truck how I have it imagined in my head.

CATman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a pic of the new grille and headlights.

Not happy about how the marker lights stick out. they are not flush. Going to get the dremil and trim them to fit better. Either its a combination of the china parts, or just aftermarket stuff, not made like oem.
I did the dash lights with blue LED. fixed a couple bulbs that were burnt out also. I have been busy with work and travel, havent had much time to mess with other items on my list.

You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^ Beat me to it. Chevy and GMC corners do not interchange. You need to look specifically for '94+ GMC corners to fit that grille. Not as common as the Chevy ones generally but they are out there.

CATman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did the 4 light mod to the headlights lastnight. I am going to find some gmc marker lights. tried to modify the marker light i got with the headlights, and it dont look like i can take off enough material to make it sit flush. i went back and read the description of the lights and it does say if you have a gmc, the marker lights dont fit. so my bad. :mad:
I will try to hit the pullapart and see what they got.

Revin7

Reaction score
Here is a pic of the new grille and headlights.

Not happy about how the marker lights stick out. they are not flush. Going to get the dremil and trim them to fit better. Either its a combination of the china parts, or just aftermarket stuff, not made like oem.
I did the dash lights with blue LED. fixed a couple bulbs that were burnt out also. I have been busy with work and travel, havent had much time to mess with other items on my list.

Mine are the same and are on a Chevy Grill, top ones just do not fit right as well fog up. i am going to trim and reseal and hope they look better at least.

CATman

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Happy New Year,,,,,,, Got a few new things done to the dually over the past month or so. got the grille painted white. Still need to change out the marker lights to the gmc marker lights, i couldnt get the chevy ones to fit correctly. I replaced the bumper pad on the front bumper. I changed the lights in the dash to the blue led. Got some of the paint polished, but decided that it will need painting, at least the cab. the bed is in decent shape, no delamination there. fixed the front seat adjustment lever, it had a broken wire.
Next on the list is to replace the steering wheel, and shifter. Ordered a Billet wheel, it came with a billet shifter. Decided to go with the 5/7 lowering kit from djm. Need to get the shocks, and probually bushings and other wear items for the front. Maybe within the new month or so i can start on this, depending on work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJost