New To The Site

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome, and nice truck!

Regarding your plans for the K&N intake, I would think twice about that if I were you. I installed a K&N FIPK intake on my red V6 truck and it raised my intake air temperatures significantly. I removed it and went back to the factory intake with a high capacity (K47) paper filter. The open box design of the K&N kits pulls a lot of hot air from the engine compartment.

If you really want to replace the intake with an aftermarket kit, I'd get a Volant. They offer sealed box intakes for these trucks (except the V6s, unfortunately) that improve on flow while still drawing cool air from the factory fender opening.

Aeroscream

Reaction score
Thanks df2x4 for the input on the intake. I've kicked it around for a while now. Makes sense if not relocated to a area gathering fresh (cooler) air.

Temps in the summer can get as high as 123 degrees. (But it's a dry heat)! I'll check out Volant.

Thats why I'm here...to get good input.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No problem, happy to help!

Regarding reprogramming the PCM for more power, you're in luck as the '98+ PCMs are supported by HPTuners. So anyone who uses that software can tune your truck. Black Bear Performance offers mail order tunes that are a significant improvement over stock, but I would be looking for a local shop with a dyno and HPTuners as you'll almost certainly get the best results that way.

Aeroscream

Reaction score
Couple of more pics.
Engine bay, and dashboard apart to replace HVAC actuators and control panel.

Attachments

• IMG_20220107_133354612.jpg
    IMG_20220107_133354612.jpg
    440.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20220107_133316755.jpg
    IMG_20220107_133316755.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 7

Aeroscream

Reaction score
Welcome! Nice truck! Like the trailer.
But...
But...
Hmmm...What is behind that shop door?
Thanks. The trailer is set up to haul up to 4 baggers, or 1 Road glide,1 Fatboy, and my wife's Freewheeler trike. E-track, wheel chocks etc.
Made a few trips hauling belongings from Central Illinois to AZ.
As far as the contents of the building...
It's a friend's home back in IL.
He's a car collector Barrett Jackson frequent flyer.
Mine has Harleys his and hers.
Sold of my drag racing operation and all spare parts.
Her and I are looking for a project to build and drive for the Hot Rod Power Tour. She wants one for Drag Week.