New To The Site

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aeroscream

Reaction score
Hey there, just joined the site. I have been looking for a forum to keep up with trends, and to research and share info on repairs and trouble shooting.

I own a 2000 GMC C3500 Crew Cab 2wd swd purchaced new. It is the same body style as the 88-98 and figured if acceptable to try to fit in here as opposed to the next generation being a, if you will "step child" (in a kind way) to that group.

As stated, I bought it new. I specical ordered it back in the day to pull car trailers (drag racing), and camping trailers. I lived in Central Illinois till July 2020 when I retired and moved out west with my wife. It is still rust free having lived most of its life garaged only to come out and pull trailers or go to the lumber yard. It currently registers 146,000 miles.

I have done a majority of the repairs myself, and recently decided to go through it to address some long awaited repairs, refurbishing, and updates.

I will post some pics when able to, some threads can be useless without them.

Bernie

Stumpy

Heavy Chevy
Reaction score
Welcome Aeroscream. It's cool you've owned it since new. Look forward to some pics.

Aeroscream

Reaction score
Not sure how I got it to work, it wasn't from Amazon photos but oh well.

Mickey Thompson wheels w/ Cooper tires. Nobody but M/T made wheels for non dually back in the day.
Leer topper.
Keystone metal cowl hood w/ Chevelle SS cowl induction emblems.
Tasteful pinstriping by Brad Grimm of Morton, IL (back home)
**** extending Mirrors (non heated)
Removed body side moldings.
LED high and low beam headlights.

Currently replacing HVAC door actuators and climate control panel. I have the dash all tore out. what a pain in the butt! While there, I'm replacing the instrument panel lamps with LED. Along with all interior lighting.

Future Plans:
K&N cold air intake system, and reprogram for performance if available.
Replace pads, shoes, calipers, wheel cylinders, rotors, drums, and front wheel bearings.
Recover both front leather seats.
Bilstien shocks at all corners.
Switch out front and rear bumpers to blacked out.
Replace front deflector under front bumper and install LED driving lights.
Replace fuel pump assy. Fuel gauge is getting flakey

I want to upgrade the stereo to something modern. Suggestions?
I can give up the cassette player. Can't find and more Bee Gees tapes at garage sales. LOL

Bernie