New to the forum...need some help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

plmont62

Reaction score
Hey All, I've owned a 2000 C3500HD 7.4L bucket truck for almost 3 years now...bought it with 84K miles and it now has 152K miles. It was originally Verizon truck that was purchased by a company in western PA that refurbs and resells them.

We've had some issues, the worst being the 4L80E tranny failing a year ago, which I replaced in my driveway...neighbors weren't too happy, but being a new business, we do what is necessary to minimize costs...was back on the road in 2 days and for less than $750.

Overall, the truck has been great, but now I'm dealing with an electrical that has been difficult to track down. Can you folks let me know where to post for my model?

Thanks much and I look forward to the forum's input.

Paul

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Posts aren't separated by model, they're separated by the area you're working on. Just put it where ever makes sense to you while scrolling through the sub-forums.

There aren't many 3500HD's here, so many may not be familiar with exactly what you have.

plmont62

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll give the Engine Performance + Maintenance forum a try.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey All, I've owned a 2000 C3500HD 7.4L bucket truck for almost 3 years now...bought it with 84K miles and it now has 152K miles. It was originally Verizon truck that was purchased by a company in western PA that refurbs and resells them.

Overall, the truck has been great, but now I'm dealing with an electrical that has been difficult to track down. l

Welcome to the forum. Most likely your electrical gremlin will turn out to be a ground. You can usually find the shop manual on the 'bay on a CD and it is well worth the purchase. If you post your electrical problem somewhere, somebody on here has probably dealt with it and tell you where to look.