New to Forum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4ornadda

Reaction score
There is a YouTube dude goes by (Honeybadger) hes got some really good videos on all sorts of Ls swaps. If hes accurate? That I don't know... I like you have been pondering this, and as I understand it you will need a stand alone harness for a 93. 96-00 supposedly is way easier? Again I haven't done it, and keep kicking the idea back and forth. I have an 06 burb, "Brides" and was planning on building a 6.0 for that and using her 5.3 in my baby. But that in of its self seems like a undertaking I am not sure about. I am very mechanically inclined, but.... as all new things comes challenges. Been looking at all sorts of options for mine, and well.... Yeah. the 6.0 is happening, and I will most likely sell the 5.3 to fund that, and find me a complete engine i.e... harness, intake etc... I also have thought about the HT383E. That to me seems way over priced for what you get? Given its accentually a long block and you use your old intake ( upper and lower ) not to mention one would be wise to upgrade to the MPFI if not already done. I did however come across a very similar engine on jegs site with 315HP and its almost identical to the 383 as far as what you get ( long block ) but without the 33 extra cubes. and its about $2500? I have rambled long enough, and now ya'll have short window into my brain.... I shall digress and wait to read more comments....

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The wiring is actually very easy. It's just timing consuming to do it right.
If your going to use the other truck as a donor, you have everything you need already.

If you unpin the factory 03 fuse block from under the hood, orange wires are 12V+ to battery. Pink wires are ignition powered 12V+, black is ground. Disable security in the tune and your good to go. Dunno how to do the gauges tho.
Im using a Bluetooth OBDII adapter and run the gauges on a tablet or my cell phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Young-gon

Reaction score
There is a YouTube dude goes by (Honeybadger) hes got some really good videos on all sorts of Ls swaps. If hes accurate? That I don't know... I like you have been pondering this, and as I understand it you will need a stand alone harness for a 93. 96-00 supposedly is way easier? Again I haven't done it, and keep kicking the idea back and forth. I have an 06 burb, "Brides" and was planning on building a 6.0 for that and using her 5.3 in my baby. But that in of its self seems like a undertaking I am not sure about. I am very mechanically inclined, but.... as all new things comes challenges. Been looking at all sorts of options for mine, and well.... Yeah. the 6.0 is happening, and I will most likely sell the 5.3 to fund that, and find me a complete engine i.e... harness, intake etc... I also have thought about the HT383E. That to me seems way over priced for what you get? Given its accentually a long block and you use your old intake ( upper and lower ) not to mention one would be wise to upgrade to the MPFI if not already done. I did however come across a very similar engine on jegs site with 315HP and its almost identical to the 383 as far as what you get ( long block ) but without the 33 extra cubes. and its about $2500? I have rambled long enough, and now ya'll have short window into my brain.... I shall digress and wait to read more comments....

I looked at the 383 as well, but with the reviews of the LS swaps I have read (especially since I have most of what I need) it didn’t make sense to go that route. I am in process of pulling motor and trans now. Will be putting it on my engine stand and talking the wiring my self( well my brother who is a mechanic has been roped into helping).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Young-gon

Reaction score
Well got a bit accomplished this past weekend. Not as much as I woulda liked. Looking for someone to remove VATS from my PCM. Who out there recommended. Bad thing is I leave in Alberta, Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk